Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I Am So Glad I Am Back~

dustygalddustygal Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
I joined Spine-Health back last year before my 3rd spine surgery...I was in horendous pain and all of you were very supportive! I haven't posted in months until the other day when I made the journey back...I apologize for my absence and for not getting to know all of you better. It has been a crazy 6 months since my surgery...all of them awful. I am going to do my best not to bring a negative attitude to the group...y'all may have to remind me of this intent from time to time! If any of my posts are inappropriate please pm me to let me know as I don't want to cause any problems! I am so thankful that all of you are here and are familiar with the issues that I am going through...God bless each of you and I pray that all of us will have a great 2010!-Dusty

• it is always good to have a spiney memeber come back by!! :D sorry to hear your surgery was not a success and that is what brings you here!! you must be very disappionted! please know you are welcome here anytime and we will always be here to support you.. good luck and welcome back!! Jenny :)
  • Sorry to hear you're still having pain issues after surgery. I haven't had surgery but know that still 6 months out is still early depending if your nerves were compressed before surgery. Hopefully that will improve for you. Have you been to Physiotherapy yet? What does your Surgeon say what's going on? Take care and hope you're feeling better soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Much like the others...sorry to hear you had a lousy 6 months. I hope that by being here, your faith is restored that better things lie ahead.

Or that at least you feel you have a place where you can vent and people will understand.
  • I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time of it, we have all been there !! and most of us will have bad patches in the future - it's a reality that we live with.

I too have only just come back to the site after an absense of almost a year - and boy I am soo glad to be back!!!!

The help, advice and support I have had in the last 6 days has already made such a differrence to me - I can't express it well enough and I hope you find this here too!!

Big Hug and welcome home!

• Hi Dusty

Sorry your recovery has been so painful. Has your surgeon indicated that you will improve as the months go by?

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • No...he does not...the general concensus seems to be that the rods have slipped and may have to be replaced...I do not get how that can happen?!