Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Seeing the ALJ in June! What do I need to really prepare for?

IvorymoonIIvorymoon Posts: 44
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Finally, I got the letter! I see the ALJ in early June!
I am so happy to finally get going with this.

Any advice or things I should know? I will have my disability attorney with me, and I'm just going to be as honest as I can, and hopefully I will be prepared.

• www.disabilitysecrets.com

If you haven't been to the site before-there is a wealth of information there that will help you. Also, stay in contact w/your atty, make sure all records are up to date, and make sure you've had a FCE (functional capacity eval.) done by your Dr! If you don't have that done I can almost guarantee you'll be denied (I read this on my approval forms that this is one of the steps of the decision process...if there isn't one done, they don't usually go on to the next step-especially if you're under age 50-which I don't know your age).

Be honest, try to relax, and good luck! Will keep you in thoughts & prayers for a fully favorable decision! (not to scare you but it took me over 4 years and 3 denials, including my 1st ALJ, before I was finally approved on 4/1-I'm still awaiting info from SSA with the amount I'll get each month and the amount of my back pay. Sure will be nice to have that $ finally coming in!)

Keep us posted, please!
  • Thanks, I was glad for your input, I wrote myself a note to talk to my attorney and my doctor about getting a functional capacity eval done. I'm 53, but it can't hurt to have that done, and be prepared.

Gosh, they sure did put you thru the mill, you had to wait so long. It sure is odd how some people get approved so quickly, yet others with just as serious health issues get denied. I am on my own and have no family left to turn to for help, and I am about running out of options as to how I can keep from losing my apartment..... so I am really praying this goes thru for me this time. I have been denied twice so far, so maybe third time's the charm as they say.

Again, thank you for your suggestions, they're so helpful! I'll let you know how it goes.