Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still very happy 10 months after L5-S1 PLIF

RosevilleTJRRosevilleTJ Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, I wanted to take a moment to share good news after L5-S1 PLIF. It's been nearly 10 months - 6.25.09 surgery and I feel real good. Got off all the meds within about 10 weeks of surgery and now only take the occasional tylenol. Today I went Wakeboarding - first time since well before the surgery. I didn't go for too long as I didn't want to push it too much, but I really have no pain tonight! Hoping it stays good for a very long time, forever actually. If you're facing surgery, know that there are good, positive results.

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Congrats! But be careful of the "jolting" and compression to the adjacent disc. It has to work about 3 times as hard now. And you don't want to knock it out. And start all over again!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Thank you for sharing your good news! I'm guessing that you're relatively young if you are wakeboarding? I've heard other stories of young people who have these procedures done and resume a very active lifestyle afterwards. More power to ya!
    Some of us will forever be afraid to carry out the garbage, let alone do something that sounds rather acrobatic. LOL. I want to get back on my bike, but I don't when that will happen.

Anyhow, thanks again for sharing your great news!

• Jim - good point! I think that you have given good advice. I need that as I quite often get too excited and maybe push it. I didn't do anything crazy, just up, cruise back and forth behind the boat, no jumping, really just wanted to see if I could still do it. Feel good today so very happy.
    Dave - turning 40 in a week or so, nothing acrobatic for me, couldn't do it before the back problems either.
  • Its great to hear your doing so well. Be careful and enjoy yourself!