Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My weight loss story....

cmg1121ccmg1121 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Okay i use to be a big girl. I was in a pants size 22. I was very unhealthy. My doctor told me i was pre-diabetic and if i didn't change i would have a very short life. That is all it took for me to start loosing weight. I went on a low carb diet. At first i couldn't excersize to much it was hard. My sister's kids lived with me and joined my excersize routine with me. A lot of days i just wanted to give up, it was to much. But along came my sisters kids "its time to go for a walk, come on lets go" nagging me until i gave in. They did that everynight. Then the walking went farther and farther. Then to jogging. The weight came off. the more weight i lost the easier it was to excersize. I went from a size 22 to a size 8. If it wasn't for my sisters kids. I wouldn't be skinny now. I quit smoking 2 years ago and went up to a size 10. Gained 10 lbs but it was worth it. I can't jog anymore. I walk on my treadmill. I am in constant pain. When i lost all that weight, i was unemployed. I was laid off from work. I walk until the pain is to much for me to take and rest until it gets better. I try to walk every day even if it is only for 5 minutes it is better then nothing. I do little things for excersize also, i park farther away from the stores, and i am trying gardening, i work part time now, it is all i can handle at the moment. My sisters kids wasn't into the exersize thing at first, then i told them i bet i can beat you in a race down the road. The had to try and they have been doing it since. My neice jogs in track in school now, my little neice joined a soccor team. And my nephew was obese, he lost weight as well and is on the football team in his school. Who would have thought one decision would change so much. They oldest was a little overweight and is skinnier than i am now. I didn't realize my unhealthy eating was affecting them as well. They was eating just like i was. Now they eat healthy as well....

• That great news. We all love to hear. Just don't give up.

• When i was 15 then my weight is over 85 then my doctor advice me that if i want to lose my weight quickly then i would leave all junk foods and do any exercise. It is very difficult for me but it is very important for my health. Then i decide to leave all fast foods and i begin to do rope jumping. I think rope jumping is a good exercise for health because my doctor says that 20 minutes of rope jumping is equal to 1 mile running. And i had lost my 10 kg weight in last 3 month. Try it.
This discussion has been closed.