Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hey, New to the forum

jibberishballrjjibberishballr Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi my name's Josh, I'm 22, from California. I've been playing sports my whole life and the last two years I've had a couple injuries and a car accident that have given me some serious pain. I'm starting to go to a chiropractor but am trying to find out some general tips on helping my back feel better. I do ab exercises all the time but have popping that feels like rubbing in both shoulder blades. I also have neck pain and lower-mid back pain. My sternum gets tight and will pops when I tilt my head up and stretch. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I'm going to do some research on this forum as well.




  • The first thing I would do is see a doctor such as a physiatrist or spine specialist. Sounds like you need x-rays and maybe an MRI to make sure your spine is okay. You sound like my son. He waited years before he finally had his back checked. He ended up having 2 compression fractures and bulging discs. He had an epidural steroid injection which helped for a while.

    Best wishes,

  • Welcome to Spine-Health.

    Marianne always has great advice, but I really think it's always best to start with your PCP first. They can get x-rays, then usually tell if you need to be sent to a specialist or just PT and could save you some money if your problem can be treated conservatively.

    In any case, it's definitely best to be seen by your physician when you feel that something isn't right, especially if you've had an accident. Seeing a doctor can also help you find out if you're having disc problems that might be made worse with chiropractic manipulation.

    Take care and again, welcome to Spine-Health.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by.. please be careful with your exercise and your sports if your back is hurting. a visit with a pt might be in order.. if you are still in pain perhaps a visit to a doctor is necessary. take care of yourself and don't overdo!! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Sorry to hear that you are in pain but please be careful of the chiros until you know exactly what is wrong. If you have a serious issue chiros can make it worse.
    Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Hi! I'm new too...
    Hope we will have nice discussion ahead..
  • all good advice .from my friends in pain .as you are very young make sure that you don't rush or be pushed into surgery and try not to go down the narcotic pain killer route .you can use TENS {small electrical device for helping mask pain} ice pack and heat and REST .as my friends have said go see someone if you are hurting and make sure that you keep away from none qualified personal .be live me you don't want anyone making your back shoulders neck any worse .hopefully its only temporary and will pass but if it persists you need to get an MRI done
Sign In or Register to comment.