Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Drea ( gemini drea.....Sweet Saprano) prayers and good thoughts needed

jjj Posts: 150
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Matters of the Heart
Last week Drea's husband Mike was rushed to hospital and in ICU for a few days , he had a heart attack and also renal failure. A valve in his heart also needs to be replaced. So a lot of systems went bad real quick, and now he is looking at open heart surgery most likely in the beginning of next week. They are still running all kinds of test on him.

Drea has been a long time member here at spine health and many have been blessed to get to now her. Also many have enjoy her humor,kindness, and her support of others. So now is the time for us to do what we do best, and what this site is about, praying them through, sending them good thoughts,

I will keep you all updated as I find out more, and also how surgery goes for Mike.

Love ya Drea..........boog

• Drea and Mike all the best to you. Drea I know this is a very stressful time for you and I am praying everything goes well with surgery and recovery for mike. I am here if you need me even in PM you have been so helpful to me, in alot of situations I hope to give you the same attention. If you need me I am here and good luck to you both. Take care, and try not to stress as, you need to be strong for your health too although i know it is hard right now, but you can chat to us and vent or cry we are all here to give you the support you need.

Love and hugs, muah
  • Jane send my best wishes and prayers to Drea please. I hope all goes great for her husband. As you already know I went through that with my father last year so I know it will be a hard long recovery. He can make it though.

Thank you Jane for keeping us posted.
  • sending prayers for your hubby and good thoughts
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • you were one of my first friends here on spine health and with out your guidance and light through that dark time, well...

My heart and prayers are with you and yours. Be strong now in the knowledge that those you have guided and lifted before are here to guide and lift you now.

as always,
  • I went through a similar experience with my husband about 10 years ago except we never knew what started the whole mess. He spent 4 weeks on life support in ICU and they only gave him about a 30% chance of survival. He did beat the odds so miracles really do happen.

I really feel deeply for what you are going through right now. The entire experience was very traumatic for me and my family and it really took us years to cope.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I will keep checking for updates.
  • for sharing this. Please send her my best wishes. It's so scarey to have your husband so ill. I hope he has a quick recovery and that they both can enjoy the summer RVing soon.

• Here is more prayer heading your way

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Wishing your husband a speedy recovery

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • You've such a sensitive spirit and kind heart. I pray all will go well with your husband's Mike surgery and pray you get through all this. Prayers and hug. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Drea,

I send my deepest sympathy to you, and your husband. Strength to you to see you through this time. I send you my prayer, and well wishes. Take care hun, and I hope all goes well with the surgery.
    Bobbi Jo
  • Thank you all for these kind words and thoughts about my husband. He is still very ill, but they've goten to the bottom of his blood loss/problem, as he had an AVM in his abdominal area, which is similar to an aneurysm. Resolving this allows for the open heart surgery to be scheduled...soon.
    A very detailed opertion to repair/replace his mitral valve. So, I'm greatful for all of you praying him through, I came close losing him, he's still not out of the woods.....

andrea (just-drea, sweet soprano)