Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thought I was told old to be experimenting with drugs!!

MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Pain Medications
Well today is the big day. I have switched from my regimen of MScontin 60mg Q 12 hours to a Fentanyl patch.

Wish me luck and maybe even some pain relief?

Regards - On chat later tonight,

Spine-health Moderator
Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Good luck with the switch in meds. It would be great to have so much relief to do some things. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I hope you get on better with the Fentynl Patches - they have been a god send for me!!

• I was put on the patch and could only stay on it for about 2 months...the dr didn't give me anything for breakthough pain...the next time I try it I will definately get a higher dose...mine was 25~I wish you pain relief!!
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    I actually feel like it is working ... This is this first morning in about 1.75 years I haven't awoke to severe neck pain requiring an immeadiate arsenal of Norco - robaxin - motrin - hot packs - and prayer about it all. Still have some hand finger pains but the primary goal was to reduce the neck and shoulder constant stuff .... what a pleasure to wake up and actually feel different - better!! My doc started me at 75 mcg/hr ... now maybe today I will actually not need the Norco at all? - Ok maybe thats a stretch but I'll let you all know how it goes!!

Thank you for everyones well wishes. It is a deep well full of good souls!

Warmest regards,

Spine-health Moderator

• Good luck to you. Sometimes the transition is hard but the rewards are worth it. I hope it works out for you.
    Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
    Lumbar surgery 2009
    Cervical fusion C4 to C7 2009
    Neurostimulator 2010
    Heart ablation 2011
    Lumbar fusion L4 to S1 2012 and now L1 2 3 and 4 are split and bulging.
  • I'm glad the patches are giving you relief and I hope they continue working. As far as these meds, I went from Fentanyl patches (100mcg every 2 days)to MS Contin 60mg 3x's daily. After being on the patches for over a year, I found that they weren't helping me anymore. Well, I hope that the Fentanyl keeps relieving your pain. Take care
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    So far so better. I am hoping that the first day or so wasn't just placebo effect ... But I'm at day two and stay have a sinificantly decreased constant pain level.

Sometimes it think its just the change in the type of opiate the is being delivered. I have read that the brain does "know: the differance between MS Hydrocodone Oxycodone etc. But have been on them all now ... I beleive I can tell the difference.

But then I have perception disorders!(In addition to my physicial disorders).

Thank you all for your kind words, and as always WARMEST REGARDS back at cha!

Spine-health Moderator