Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Me again with sumthin new to whine about :)

RRraeRRRrae Posts: 85
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hey all,
Everything is actually going GREAT.....
and I'm sure this subject has been broached B4, so forgive me if I'm repeating an 'already talked about' topic....

I'm almost 3 months post op, healed up fine and was just beginning to get out walking to get my gluteous MAXimus back in shape. That's when I noticed the battery seeming to be finding it's way closer to the surface ! :OO
It's in the hip/butt region and one of the corners seems to be getting 'pointy-er', as tho it's turning a bit and the butt muscles are pushing it out...... :W This is SO not bringing out any dignity (as tho I had any to begin with).

I'll be seeing Dr about this in 3 days. If he says we're gonna have to go back in time and put the #$%@# thing in DEEPER I'm gonna flip my lid.
This has happened to others and WHY don't they do it right the FIRST time!
Everything was going JUST FINE

As Always

• Well, I hope they don't have to go put yours in deeper, because my battery has stuck out since the beginning!

The swelling has gone down a lot so it's not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning, but there are still a couple of corners that stick out a bit. Enough so that I have to be careful putting my pants on. lol

Hope you get good news from the doctors! I go see my surgeon on Monday for my follow-up... eek!
  • I appreciate you replying. I'm hoping your appt went well. I'm curious as to what your Dr says to you about the battery sticking out.
    It's frustrating. I want desperately to get back in shape....or at least get SOME semblance of muscle tone back! :O

My other option is the therapy pool, which I love, but I feel it's too soon to take the chance of infection by submerging in that nice warm public water....

I will report back tomorrow, as my Dr will take a look.
    It's probably healing up normally. There's no pain or anything at the pocket site,....it's just that the battery pocket seems very very 'vulnerable' right now and I'm afraid of becoming too active.

• I'm interested in what your doctor had to say at your appointment this week. It took about 3 months for all the swelling around my battery to go down and once it did, it was much more prominent. It hadn't changed, just didn't have that inflammation anymore so I could feel it through the skin much more easily. From what I understand, it is not place far under the skin at all because you wouldn't be able to get a good connection for charging if it weren't.
    Mine has caused me a lot more pain since the inflammation went away than before, especially when I bend a lot or sit for long periods of time, but they have assured me that there is nothing wrong. I just need to learn my limits.
    Fill us in on what you learned when you can.
  • Dr took one look at my battery that I was concerned about and said "you've lost weight, girl. That's all!" ha! wow

I did lose about 25-30 lbs, so I guess that makes sense. The battery wasn't 'creeping it's way to the top' as I had perceived. It was simply that the fat content had 'disintigrated" a bit, making it appear that the battery came closer to the surface.

All is well.
    I guess.

Take care all
  • Wow! Congratulations on the weight loss. I don't have that kind of excuse, but I sure need that to happen. I'd be a happy camper in that event.
  • Rae,
    Yeah my battery packs are sticking out too (right at the belt line above the buttocks), but that's the least of my worries. The damn things don't even work. I read your clip about how everything is doing fine, but can you tell me exactly how you really feel-exactly (i.e. does it only subtract 25% of the pain, 50% etc.)?-Thank you-Paul
  • Well, I guess I'd say I'm getting about 75% relief from the stimulator. The Breakthru meds pick up the rest.
    It took awhile to come to this conclusion, as i was tapering off the heavy narcotics, so I wasn't real clear where my baseline pain was at.

Do you suffer from 'burning' pain?
    Have you had your programs 'tweeked' to try and get better coverage?
    Feel free to PM me with details if you are a bit 'stage shy' :)

I can see that you have many frustrations. I did too! I found that by talking it out with fellow SCS'ers, I became much more calm about everything and was able to weed thru my 'anger' at the Drs and sort out the different pain conditions I was dealing with (and that includes 'emotional' pain! as well!)

I desperately want to see you be able to feel better about what's goin on.
    Talk to me!