Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, lower back pain, please help!

CSUM2008CCSUM2008 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, my name is Daniel. I'm 23 and have been suffering from right lower back pain for about a year now. I've gotten x-rays which came out normal and have been going to a PT in which the exercises alleviate the pain temporarily. Doing anything for longer than 20 minutes starts to cause pain. It's a pinch pain and sometimes I feel a different type of pain in my hip, knee and upper leg (all the right sides). Not sure if they are seperate or correlated. I haven't yet gotten an MRI due to financial reasons. I am noticing that the pain is getting worse. My biggest fear is that it is a disc problem. It's a very small spot of sharp pain about 3 inches to the right of my spine and just above the buttock. Please help! Thank you.

• Sorry to hear you're having back and leg pain. Here's a link to help if you don't have health insurance.
    Maybe you can find a free clinic or Teaching hospital ER? I'm going for Aqua therapy with my Physiotherapist right now and it seems to be helping. I hope you can find a Dr. to help and get some treatment. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Daniel...
    OMGosh..do what ever you have to do to get an MRI...asap. The reason I say this is because of an incorrect MRI I suffered for two years unnecessarilly! I koow you probably think...well, that sounds easy for you to say lady...but, it's not...I have had to sell things and everything else in order to find out and take care of my back. Isn't it rediculous how expensive these tests are and in the meantime pt may be doing more harm than good...praying for you! :)
  • Check with social services in your county/state. There are programs that will help you pay if you have no med insurance in most states.
    Good luck and keep us posted.
  • I came across this forum and breakers with this forum. I like it much and seem revealing. I would like to say hello to each and every one the forum member. Hope has a superior time with you every one.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you advice and answer what questions we can. you have been given alot of good advice already!!another place you might check for service is teaching hospitals. they are often connected to universities so there might be one in your area.. they do work for free.. i use them all the time!! i just want to say i hope you are feeling better soon and stop by anytime!! Jenny :)

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member haglandc
  • You said you've been going to PT and it has helped. What does yout PT think? I find a good PT is even better than the doctors at diagnosing without the fancy tests since they have their hands on much longer. If the PT doesn't think they can solve your problems then you definately need the MRI.

Talk to the diagnostic center to see what the cost is without insurance. Often they will work with you. Or ask your doctor's office if they have any places that can work with you. Sometimes they do this as a consideration for all the referals they get from the doctor.