Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test


donnat433ddonnat433 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Scoliosis
I am 30 years old and have had chronic back pain for 6 yrs now. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when i was 10 and had no problems until 6 years ago. I started hurting in my middle back and around into my rib cage six years ago and still only have relief for short periods of time. It burns like fire. The drs say i have nerve damage. Any one else with this problem or have any ideas what may help


  • You might want to talk to your Dr about SCS It help with nerves damage.Any why it worth a try

  • Spinal Cord Stimulators Go up to blue box on top page and type in SCS.

  • Donna, can you find a scoliosis surgeon, particulary one specialising in adult scoliosis surgery? An orthopedic doctor is not who you need, it must be a scoliosis specialist. Do a Google search for SRS surgeons in your area.

    You need x-rays to know how big your curve is and how much it has progressed over the years. The doctor can then assess whether it's likely to keep progressing, and therefore whether you're a candidate for surgery.

    I was diagnosed at 13 but didn't have surgery until nearly 58. It wasn't until my 50s my curve began to progress. Prior to that it didn't really feature in my life. But if I'd had pain, I would have investigated the surgery earlier. I was lucky, because the surgery has progressed dramatically in recent years.

    Good luck!
  • yeah i really didnt have any pain until after my third child . they are talking about putting injections in my back now. has anyone had injections i have had some x rays done and when they did them they had me bend one way and then the other when i bend to the right my vertebreas dontopen at all they stay in place anyone with this problem. thanks for input
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.