Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does an MRI show damage...

cblack28ccblack28 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
even when not in severe pain? I was in such pain last week when the MRI was scheduled, but now the pain has diminished. I still have pain, but not the same pain the drove me to the hospital to get a shot of morphine.

• An MRI will show the soft tissue in the body. If there was something wrong at the time of the mri it will show. many times however pain is due to irritation and not a physical change to the body. If you strain a tendon it will cause pain but it won't show strain on an mri.

do you have a history of spine problems or was this a one time pain? any idea what might have happened?
  • I have DDD in my cervical spine. I have been in constant pain for the past 4 years. However the pain is getting worse and also think there must be nerve damage because of the shooting pains down my arm and numbness in 3 of my fingers.
  • thoracic outlet syndrome or carpal tunnel syndrome or any number or neurological problems have you had a nerve conduction test done and a doppler blood flow done ? these test will give your clinician a more accurate diagnosis of your condition,,keep on asking questions !