Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF 2 years ago and symptoms have returned

will6101wwill6101 Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
ACDF 2 years ago and I'm having Rt arm pain and numbness. PMD has me on Lortab 7.5 2/day and Neurontin 300 3/day with a little relief and I had a MRi done and it does not show anything. PMD wants me to see PM doc but I feel like he will not help me because my MRI was negative. Any advice ?

• Don't give up on the PM doc yet! He may or may not look at your MRI. PM doc's do their own evaluation and come to their own determination as to how to best treat your specific symptoms and pain.

I say stick with the plan and meet with the PM doc. What have you got to lose!

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey will,

I agree with "C", you need to follow up to find the answers to your symptoms.
    I am almost 3 years post-op of a major rebuild of my cervical spine and I too have returning symptoms similar to my pre-op. At this point I am most likely looking at upcoming surgery in the near future pending the outcome of a few more tests. Tingling and numbness can indicate possible nerve damage so don't put it off too long as it may become permanent.
    Take care,
  • Thanks for the replies. My Neurosurgeon told me when he did the ACDF that the nerve that was impinged was red and he had never seen a nerve that had turned red before and there was a good chance I would have some nerve damage. I'm going to the PM doc, I'm just scared I'll have a experience like one of the many I read about on here and hear about but I'll take my chances and maybe he will take me seriously and help me, I need some relief.
  • Hey Will,

I see a pm doctor and he has turned out to be a great resource of information. I will admit in the beginning we had a few bumps in the road and some of that may have been from my preconceived notion that I was just being given up on. What ended up happening is him working on a plan to get the pain under control so I could more clearly communicate the symptoms. I think my frustrations were deflecting through me. He is now behind me a 100% and while I am a work comp patient and he does some doctoring with one hand tied behind his back, he still is able to help out. One thing for sure is i get more face time with the Pm doctor than I do the surgeons. Because your mri was negative so to speak doesn't mean what you are feeling isn't there. Not to mention there are other test that can be done. So i agree stick with the plan of the pm doc and see what happens. The one thing I have learned dealing with all of this is you have to be very open to trying all kinds of things cause you just never know if the answer is behind door 1, door 2 or door 3. Keep us posted on how it goes. Take care.