Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just Arrived Home From PM

dustygalddustygal Posts: 62
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi Friends...
Hope all of you are having as pain free a day as possible! Today was my first appointment with the pm Dr. since my surgery last September. I am very disappointed. He didn't seem very concerned. Chanced my medicine to Percocet 10/350x4 a day and Xanaflex...big deal. Anyway, it's a nice change from the Lortab which I had become to ammune to. Also, he wrote me a prescription for aqua therapy and back exercises...the most amazing thing he told me was not to do any walking! I was shocked. I figured the one thing a person recovering from back surgery should do was walk...I was wanting a treadmill so I am so glad I didn't go ahead and buy one. I received the results of the ct scan and am not pleased...as soon as I am up to it I will share it. Have a great evening! God bless! :)

• Sorry to hear about the results of your CT but good to hear you have a different medication. That's interesting to hear about the walking. I just started aqua therapy and it feels great to be in the water working out and not feeling pain. I hope you enjoy that as you're healing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Glad to hear you got new meds. I hope they make a difference.

The CT scan doesn't sound like good news.

I am curious about the no walking. Did he say why?

Hopefully you will get some better pain relief now. The Percocets should definitely be better for your pain levels than the Lortabs. One can hope!
  • I hope the percocet helps! I was thinking to ask my doctor for the same, I have been on vicodin for so long.
  • Yes, the percocet is definately helping. He was just going to keep giving me the lortab but I told him I thought I had took them so long that they wouldn't work anymore...so, he gave me the same dose in percocet...and, it may be in my head but seems like they are a little stronger...maybe just because I am not used to them!
This discussion has been closed.