Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The shots really helped me out this time.

weakbackwweakback Posts: 154
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Spinal Injections
Well I haven't been around here much in the past year or so.
Pain has really taken much of the joy from my life.
It really kicked me in the nad's so to speak !

I guess I couldn't bare to have all of my friends see me spiral out of control in pain. Sounds kinda funny being pretty much the norm for everyone on SH forum.

I pretty much pushed everyone close to me away, ya I know typical macho male stuff....LOL

Since before Easter my L 3-4-5 area really has thrown me into a downward tail spin.

Besides dealing with all of these neck issues, which is a total drag in it self.....anyhoo!!! I got in yesterday for some lumber injections, that really made a world of difference.

I went from not being able to walk without a cane or walker. To getting out of bed this morning with about a 40% pain reduction.

I walked down the block to the store without a flipping cane or walker , for the first time in months.

Boy I was cursing my DR big time last night,these shot hurt worse then any before.MUCH,MUCH WORSE !!! Maybe because She actually got them in the right place.
Thank God for my new pain DR she's awesome !!!
(Not to hard on the eye's either) =))

I sure hope when it's time for my neck injections that I get the same out come.

Now only time will tell how long they last and if they can keep me from getting another fusion to stabilize my spine.

So just when you think there is no hope, something as simple as a well placed shot may change your whole outlook on life............Hang in there guy's, there is hope for everyone !!!

• Hi Dan,

I have missed u Dan the Man! I am happy to hear that you got such great relief from your injections, and I hope they last a long time for you. Please don't be so macho that you need to disappear from us. We are the understanding peeps that are supposed to be here for you especially in the tough times. We all hope to see more of you around here. I hope you get relief from this doctor for your neck too, Dan.Take Care and Please Keep in Touch.

glo :)
  • Good to hear about your pain relief from the injections and hope they last a long time. I have my 3rd PM Dr. and this one's a female and has the magic touch as these injections helped better than the other 2 PM Docs I've had. Also started pool therapy so something fun to look forward to every week. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thank you Glo I miss our talks also.
    Funny how pain makes people freak out at times.
    Well as you can see I still don't sleep,I wish they had a shot for that.lol
    I'm not so sure my old friends will ever forgive me.
    I pushed a lot of people away !
    For no real reason , except for me going down hill so fast with everything I was dealing with in my life. I still think of everyone daily ,I just don't know how people will react to me coming back to SH.
    Guess I always have to learn the hard way !
    Glo hope your doing well, say hi to everyone for me please.
    Take care.

• Hi Charry,
    I'm happy you found a good DR to take care of you.
    I really can't remember the last day I felt this good. I could get use to this in a hurry.
    Sorry I just up and disappeared, my pain got so bad that I didn't want to talk to anyone.I pretty much shut everyone out of my life, what a mistake !
    Live and learn I guess.
    I miss all of the laughs we use to have.
    I guess I'll have to come out of my shell to play again.
    Thank you for the note.

Looking forward to chatting with u !! No drama when u come back to chat- just lots of welcomes & intros to the newbies !! :) :) :)

Lots of Hugs,
  • Sounds good Glo.
    One thing I don't miss is the drama..lmao
    Although it was always good for a laugh!
    I miss laughing with all of you!!!
    I'm not sure I can keep up in chat anymore.
    my hands aren't what they use to be, now I type really, really slow. With even more mistakes then before.lmao
    I'll venture into chat soon.
    Hope to see ya there.
    Well the suns coming up here so I better get my vampire A$$ into bed, for my two hour try to sleep.lol
  • Dan,

In away when someone goes missing I always hope it because they started feeling better and are out living a normal busy life. Now sense you just been hidding from us, well were going to have do some relationship counseling with us. Just dial up 1-800-dial-tam and we get you all hooked up. My fees are rather high but I will give you a nice payment plan. Once you have completed the program and we have you totally hooked on us again, and confirmed your addiction to us well your in with no problem. Well okay sense it is you good to see your back but not for the reasons that brought you back. Hopefully the shots will help for awhile and you can get some relief. Feel free to come in chat anytime even if your slowing down. You know that is the gig everyone understands. Take care Dan and once again good to see you posting.
  • D !
    I am so pleased that you have found something which can tackle your pain, and that you may venture into chat one of these days, Piffle about your typing , we will ask yes and no questions till you get trained up .
    I am a year or so out of my second PLIF, with 2 spiffing new artificial discs and as of March this year , I am off the narcotics. Still need daily painkillers, but no longer in a constant forgetful fog.
    I have discovered a new passtime, instead of chatting on here at nights... Sleep !, combined with a batch of exercizes which unravel my shortened muscles and sinues, I actually get some rest and seem to be catching up on the last 4 years of no deep sleep.
    I hope you`ll post a bit and maybe we will catch up in chat over a coffee soon .
    I do hope further injections help you.

Best Wishes "V"

• It is so good to see you back here. I've been wondering about you lately. Sorry to hear that you aren't doing so well.

I think a chat reunion sounds like great fun. You name the time, I'll be there...

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!