Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

gypsyggypsy Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
My name is Tami, I am 48 and have had neck/right shoulder/arm pain for 18 years. Kaiser Permenente Dr.s put me on lots of psych meds...you see it was all in my head. I tried explaining that I was abused, as a child, and adult, and in two car crashes and an accident at work that I never recovered from...

After a year of seeing a Dr. on a new insurance plan I finally got to a surgeon and an MRI. My first neck MRI ever.

I am scheduled for ACDF on June 3 for Cervical Stenosis and Myleopathy. I don't like what I have read.

I live in a chair in my living room. Pain is constant. I stumble around, have constant headaches, can't ride in the car because of pain from road vibration and ruts. My coffee cup feels like it weighs as much as a gallon of milk...and I have read that I only HAD a 30% chance of this going away if it was handled in the first few months!?!?!?!?

I am married, but have no support. When bad stuff happens, I am alone. I am scared and he is currently getting ready to go away with a friend for three days before being gone for a long weekend.

I guess I need someone to say that after all these years of a herniated disc in my spine, it will magically stop hurting after this surgery. I just want to call and cancel and give up.

• Hi Tami

Welcome to spine health. You will find people here who understand how you feel and like you many use this site as their lifeline and main support.

Your doctor must think the surgery will help or he wouldnt do it. So think positive and good things will happen.

If you read the different posts you will see that you are not alone in suffering through wrong diagnoses and delayed treatment. Many of us have had to fight to get the treatment we need. We also sometimes have to fight with our families to get them to understand what we are feeling.

Since you are just 2 weeks from surgery I would suggest looking at the list of must-haves under the surgery section. There are lots of ideas. Don't be overwhelmed - you won't need everything but it gives you lots of ideas about how to prepare and what to expect. Being prepared is more than half the battle.

Ask lots of questions and you will get lots of answers. Know that there are lots of us on here ready to lend support. Believe me it helps.

• Thanks...I found an article, posted by a member, that made me feel a lot better. I don't know enough about this to be panicking.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answe what questions we can.first start by taking a deep breathe and relaxing for a few moments!!! then realize you are among friends and you will feel much better!! being prepared is a necessary step and something you need to get ready for. good luck with your upcoming surgery. it may be your way to becoming pain free!! how lucky you are!! keep doing your homework and ask those questions you may have!! stop by anytime! Jenny :)