Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help need pain med doc in mA

gailmaryggailmary Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in New Member Introductions
I have had severe chronic pain, arachnoiditis caused by a metrizamide myelogram at age 29 yr 1985. it destroyed me. burning pain everyehere, killed my throid, went diabetic, damaged my brain. dye injected before mri was in worcester, ma. I was fully fuctioning. did not even need disc surgery. the test destroyed me. accidents, many dxes including diabestes . Amipaque is name. now 53. lost all have 88 year old mother left. my pain doc got license pulled. Its war on pain docs and pain patients. most of my life my umasss docs gave me no pain killers. I did accupuncture, swimming, baths and chiro. I never got a pain med til 2004. I lived suicidally in bed. can't describe my life. 25 years and I will end it as I cannot find a pain doc. I have allowed no surgeries, no depomedrol injections, no needles. Am in pain everywhere.

no one mentions ARACHNOIDITIS here please look up as many of you have it. One myelogram destroyed me. I have multiple Dxes and still some docs deny arach. as they caused it. no law suit. I'm abandoned. i beg anyone to help me find a pain med doc. all i get is 4 oxycodone and fentanyl. my mother used to steal asnd flush oxycontin- i never got a trial. I have severe sleep deprivation. 6 ativan and 300 seroquel just make me sick and I am traumatized by abuse.

I have no one. Family abandoned me. Mother was mean, dad died brother/sisterinlaw split from us 3 years ago. I was f/t social worker, thin, pretty, sokind good. I am nothing now. I gues I should just kill myself.

My pain doc was harassed by DEA. there are none around central ma. I don't know where to turn. I split with 3 docs over their crazy attitude against opiods and not believing my pain. Had i had a little pain med would never have let the neuro push me into a test that can kill, maim.

I am so alone, God seems to abandon me. I was beautiful. Seroquel has me at 220. I had uterine ca. I am very ill in all ways. Doc in MA just for meds? Will not cannot get surgery, injections. have arach. arthritis, ddd, fibro, knee probs. plantar fascittis in feet. Current PCP is lousy, refuses to refer or find pain docs. he is anti opiod like everyone. I can walk and leave my bed with oxycodone. I only was getting patches and four a day. Mother interfered and made huge mess with former docs with wrong info. I am asking Jesus and Mary to help me find a new caring doc. So far nothing. Huge problem-many suicides in ma and many states. google"war on pain docs" Pain meds and pain patients." thousands of articles. depomedrol into spine CAUSES arachnoiditis. avoid like plague. I can't sell house and move, no husband, no family that cares. forgotten invalid after 25 years. Have been abused and very reclusive. Please is there docs left in MA? they all tell me they are afraid of DEA and losing license. Just happened to doc I drive 40 mins (get rides ) to see in Southbridge MA. /please help if in MA

• You have found a great site for understanding and support. I am not in MA but fekt compelled to tell you that there are folks from around the world on this site that suffer much the same as you.
    Do you have a family doc? It seems that would be a good place to start to find a PM doc. I know that the good and compassionate ones are hard to find but they are out there.

I think that there have been many on this site that have talked about arachnoiditis. Try typing it in the search box at the top of this page.

Sorry that I can't tell you of a good PM in your area but hopefully someone will come along that can and will.

My only thought would be to ask if you have a methadone clinic in your area? I take methadone with good results and have heard folks here talking about going to the clinics in order to get it.

Please do not feel helpless. There are many kind and caring folks here that will be more than willing to support you and help you find an answer.

I will post again if I have any brainstorms.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • On the left hand side of page is a place where you can find a Doctor. Or under pain management Drs in your city. I pray all will work out for you and you will find a Dr to help. Don't give up. Prayers for you. Charry http://www.spine-health.com/forum/spine-health-announcements/suicide-help-resources
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by... please know that a search for the right doctor is one of the hardest parts of treatment we face. often times the doctors are busy, uncaring and expensive!! please let us support you in your search and carry on as you must do!!! good luck and drop in anytime, there is always someone around to chat with. Jenny :)