Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Numbness & tingling after spinal cord surgery

connorjustincconnorjustin Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Chronic Pain
Aloha everyone,

I had spinal surgery almost 2 years ago and suffer from numbness and tingling in my lower back down to my legs. Nothing seems to help and am very sensitive to hot and cold. Have tried many things. I feel like I am walking on balls. Has anyone experienced this after surgery? If so, any advice on how to alleviate the discomfort would be appreciated.

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around you will find many whom are going through are have gone through what you are? Two years ago what type of surgery did you have and on one levels of the spine. What type of treatments have you tried so for? Also what type of imaging studies have you had sense your surgery? Are you currently taking any meds? What type are you seeing for treatment? If you give some more details possible someone will come along with the same experiences as yourself and have some ideas to help.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If i can be of any assistance don't hesitate to pm me. Look forward to reading more of your post. Take care.
  • Sounds like it could be nerve damage? Have you talked to your doc about this? There are tests that can be done to confirm nerve damage if needed.

I did have this post op but most of it went away at the 1 year post op point.

Hopefully others will stop by and share their experiences.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Hello,

Thanks for the welcome. I had a tumor removed from inside my spinal cord T1 - T2. Tumor was still gone after 1 year. The only thing I really did after surgery was some physical therapy. I have had a couple of MRIs. Taking meds for diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol etc... I am also taking Gabapentin for nerve pain (has not helped)

Hopefully someone can offer some advice and thanks again for responding.

• there are many different nerve pain meds available. Maybe one of the others may help? Take a look at the Pain Medications part of this forum and you will find others talking about what has and has not worked for them.
    Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.