Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

CT Scan & T12

Mindymork62MMindymork62 Posts: 207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi Everyone,
I don't get to the board as much as I use to, because of the back pain, but now I have a question. I had a Fractured T12 in Nov., 2009. I had Kyphoplasty (cement in vertebra) in January. Here it is 5/18/2010, and I haven't worked or been able to be on my feet or walk more than 20 minutes. I had a Disco-gram on 5/11/2010 mainly for lower and mid back pain. I have a blown disc at L4, and herniated disc at L3 & L5. But also noted on the CT scan was 50% anterior wedge deformity at T12, and gas paralleling the superior end plate in the disc with relative lucency under the superior end plate, which could indicate an instability cleft. The recommendation was a revision at this level. Could someone help me to understand this better. I've already Googled it, but can't make allot of sense. My work comp doctor does not know yet about the disco-gram and the findings. My own Neurosurgeon did the procedure and I go to him next Monday. The work comp doc keeps saying "everything looks okay with the T12", when I have known better. Please help me.

• Wow Mindy thats a lot more than just the T12 fracture. Did they ever look at the lumbar area before? I'm curious what the before vs after comparison is. And if this is new stuff what the doctor thinks caused it.

I think you might want to move this over to the lower back area since most of your issues are in that area now and not many peeps look in thoracic. I'm really interested in this since I also have a fracture and continued pain. Mine happened in surgery but I think it has caused other problems.

WC will see this soon enough. Unless they are pressuring you to return to work I would never volunteer anything to them.