Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 months out

dapopo315ddapopo315 Posts: 40
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey to all, it's been a little over 7 months since my L4-5 TLIF . . . I'm sorry to say I'm still in a lot of pain. DARN!!!

Was doing great in therapy til mid Feb. While I was there on the eliptical doing my normal work-out I got a sudden stabbing pain in my lower back. Had to immediately get off the machine & bend over to catch my breath. It seemed to get worse as time went on & was unable to continue with my therapy. It was extremely painful to take a step with my left foot. So once again I called the doctor whining.

The doctor ordered a CT Myelogram for March 11th, it showed nothing that wasn't there pre-surgery. Because this is a workman comp injury, I've seen my doc every month. One visit he'll say I'm fused, the next I'm not. Now he's saying I am a slow fuser & has me going for another CT Scan on May 25th.

It seems that the longer I am on my feet the worse my pain gets. If I am sitting in my recliner, I don't hurt as bad. That is unless I tilt my pelvis in a fwd position. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone or not. I have pain going down my left butt cheek into the back of my leg to just about my knee. A couple of times it has traveled to my left calf. The outside of my left foot is numb, & bothers me more when sitting too long or walking.

It doesn't feel like muscle pain, all I can think of is a deep bone pain. I feel bone on bone grinding & cracking with some discomfort, nothing major unless I tilt my pelvis. Then it is unbearable.

All I know is I can't spend the rest of my life sitting in my recliner or laying in my bed because of pain. I've asked numerous times for something to ease the pain. Doctor says no, doesn't want to put me back on narcotics.

For *@#*@ Sake ....... not really sure why I'm still rambling on. If anyone out there in spiney land has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Take care all!!!!