Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Howdy, newbie

swingsswing Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all. new to the forum but not to back pain. 2 herniated disks that i have "aleve-d/advil-ed" for a couple years but now to the point where that isnt working anymore. had my first epidural injection last thursday and feel just as bad today as i did before. i assume 3 days is long enough to see if it worked?

worst thing is i hate my doc, dude didnt even say "boo" to me that day and nothing since. everything i know about it i had to find on the internet. i am firing him next week when i go in for a follow up....which leads me to my question. Any good referrals in the Dallas area? Thinking about going to the texas back institute but know nothing about them.

im sure ill have more question. plan on doing a lot of reading on here. thanks in advance!

p.s. i read my mri report and noticed an "annual tear"...can someone tell me what that means?

• I have multiple annular tears. I had an endoscopic microD at L3/L4 for the worst one.

When a tear happens in the annulus (outer part of disc) it allows the gel like substance from inside the disc to protrude out and put pressure on or compress nerves. I have heard that not all cause pain but I was in excruciating pain with mine. Click on the conditions tab at the top of this page for more info.

I know that I have heard members speak of good PM docs in the Dallas area and hopefully one of them will send you a PM with a name.

We are not allowed to publicly speak of any doc or facility on this board by name.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by... J.J.Grey gave you alot of good information so i will just say stop by anytime.. have a good look around and make yourself at home. good luck! Jenny :)