Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

brucepricebbruceprice Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone I am mew to the group...I was told bu my dodtor that I need Decompression Lumbar Laminectiony and fussion from L3 to L5. Let me tell you I have heard more bad stories about it and to be honest I aaand scared out of my pants about getting it done. I have all yhe signs pain down both legs tire very easy when walking. Just wondering is it worth all the pain you have to do thru. My second problem is I am a horse breeder and always working with horses , lifting hay baays, fixing fences etc... seems my mind wants to do it but my body is saying no.... Any inout...
Help Bruce

• I am definitely better after my L4/5 fusion, but it was a very long recovery and I still have problems. I would do it again if I had to despite the pain. The work you are doing I am sure is aggravating your condition and you certainly won't be able to do it after surgery for a long while. There are success stories with most of those people moving on with their lives.

Have you gone for a second opinion? What conservative treatments have you tried such as physical therapy and injections?

Best wishes,

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey Bruce,
    Welcome to spine health, I may be able to somewhat help you here. I have had a laminectomy to L4 thru L6 back in August of 2006. I put up with a lot of pain and discomfort for many years then when the tingling/numbness appeared in my left thigh it was time to get it done. Actually my recovery was very easy as long as I followed Dr's orders. I am very active and work very long hours, a workaholic so to speak. Your fears are similar to mine and most everyone else here but that type of surgery is very common now with very good results.
    Take care,
  • I would suggest you also investigate whether you are a candidate for minimally invasive surgery. In my case the recovery was very manageable and I'm back to work.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by... surgery is alot to consider... do your homework and check out the videos, doctor reports and see what other spineys have to say... make sure you get all your questions answered by your doctor!! whatever your decision, make sure you have exhausted all the conservative possibilities there are... surgery should be your last option!! all the best! Jenny :)