Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello Everyone.

jimmagrigsby78jjimmagrigsby78 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in New Member Introductions
Glad to have found this forum where people can actually understand and sympathize with pain and spinal conditions.

I'm 31 years old; got diagnosed with DDD at age 27. I have severe chronic pain as well as muscle spasms. I have disc bulges from T11 to L5/S1. I have been unable to work since September 2006.

I am married and have 2 children: Donovan, will be 9 in July and Rachael, will turn 2 in August.

My pregnancy didn't help my back at all, but it was not planned. I would do it all over again, though, to have my daughter. Most of the time, my kids are the reason I get out of bed in the mornings.

I have been through physical therapy twice; have been to 2 pain management doctors. I've had Medial Branch Blocks with Radiofrequency rhizotomy. It didn't work at all. I've also had epidural steroid injections. They also didn't help.

I have no health insurance. I have found a family practitioner that will prescribe me pain medications and muscle relaxers. My previous doctor didn't believe I was in pain and REFUSED to give me anything for my pain or muscle spasms, and refused to treat me.

Once again, glad to have found these forums and look forward to talking to everyone!

• Forgot to add that I have a home TENS unit that I use from time to time. It works for a little bit, but not for long. I also use heat and Lidocaine patches to help, too.

Thanks for reading!
  • Sorry to hear you have DDD. I'm glad you have a Doctor to help you with meds. It makes a difference to have some pain relief. Take care and look around. It's a good place for support. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by.. it sounds like you have several options for pain relief and that is a good thing.. the TENS unit may not be used much but it can give you a welcome break from meds... thank goodness you have found a doctor to treat you.. i lead a life as normal as possible but without meds i could not function at all.. good luck to you and stop by anytime. Jenny :)