Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rode rollercoasters!!

farmhousefanffarmhousefan Posts: 24
Holy cow! This weekend will be one year since my third herniation of the same disk (L5-S1).

I've opted to let my body heal on its own rather than get spinal fusion surgery.

On Sunday I went to Dorney Park and actually rode the rides! A few were a bit painful but nothing too bad. OK, so was this the wisest idea? Maybe not, but I've been feeling so good recently I wanted to try it. I started out slow on the "easy" rides and went from there.

Just the fact that I could walk through the park is amazing considering where I was a year ago.

Best of luck to everyone out there, and don't discount your body's ability to heal.

• I love that song!! Our bodies really are amazing. Sometimes we forget that not many years ago the surgeries we take for granted didn't even exist. What did people do then? Guess that's a big part of why we live longer....

Everyone has to make their own decision on treatment based on their injury, their history, their finanacial and social situation and their quality of life. I'm so happy to hear that you healed without surgery but I hate to think of all the peeps reading this who are now questioning their decision. Everyone of us is different. What's right for you you may not be right for someone else and even whats right for you now may change with time.

I hope you get to continue enjoying the fun.
  • Thanks for the post. You have definitely set an example that maybe some of us can follow. All I could say is tomorrow I have my first appointment with a true 100% certified McKenzie Therapist.

Thanks for the inspiration...

• Great to hear you were able to walk around the fair grounds and had fun. Thanks for the update since you're surgery one year ago. Always great to hear positive successful post-op spine surgery news! Take care and hope you heal completely. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I love roller coasters and feel that I will never be able to ride them again. Its funny because I just posted a link to an article under Low Back Pain that speaks of letting your body heal itself rather than rushing in to surgery. This is great news.