Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got my SSD denial letter today :(

gar0262ggar0262 Posts: 164
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi everybody,
Yes, it has been a long time since I have posted anything. Not that I haven't been "lurking" in the shadows, and coming in and reading posts and seeing what's going on with everyone. :)
I filed for SSD back in Dec. and today got my denial letter, which of course I knew would happen, but it still doesn't make it feel any better. :{ So now I will do my appeal, and of course hire a lawyer. I've had a couple of recommendations for lawyers in my area, so I will be getting that took care of real soon.
Getting the official letter has just depressed me today, and also made me angry. I know the system has it's rules, but UGH!! So anyway, just wanted to pop in and let everyone know how my life is going. I hope everyone is doing as well as they can.

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Please look into the firms that do ONLY SS law work. Some of these firms branch out a bit and will also work on employer based disability (STD or LTD) or employer based disability pensions as well.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • that. I know exactly what you mean about how actually getting the denial makes you feel.

We all know that most get denied the first go round but still does not make us feel any better when it happens to us.

Keep your chin up, get a good SSD attorney and it will all work out.

Good luck.
  • its very sad and depressing that people who should qualify are denied its just wrong .
    Did they give you a reason ?.
    i think i am not to far behind you i filed 2 months ago and just today the ssdi analyst called for the first time . to check address and phone numbers i told them that 2 days ago i sent in rfc forms and a new surg doc report they did not seam to concerned.
    left me kinda thinking du now what.
    dont give up Lawyer up .
    i have been looking around for one i think i may go see one next week and see what they say
  • Thanks for the advice about the lawyer, and I am definately gonna make sure to find one who deals with only disability.
    The reason, of course, that they say I'm denied is that I am capable of working, although it may not be the same type of work that I was doing, which was factory, but yet I am capable of working. Of course they don't say what type of work, and of course I know what they are insinuating is that I am capable of doing minimum wage work. I in no way am putting down that type of work, as I know that majority of people do that, it's just that I am use to a much higher wage. Then on the other hand it's rather moot at this point as I have no income anyways lol.
    John, I filed in Dec, and filed on several conditions, not just my back. I had a couple of dr.s appt for the state, for further info gathering and that is part of what they used in their determination. I've had a couple of recommendations for lawyers, just gotta check them out. I knowit's a tough process for any of us, but something we must go thru. I plan on going to my doctor and getting a definate diagnosis of fibromyalgia to add to the list. My doctor told me a couple years ago that I probably did, but it was not anything verified or treated. Well I must get off here and take care of some other things.
  • I am not sure if you realize that you must be unable to do any type of work to be considered disabled. Even if you are able to sit at a desk and answer a phone for minimum wage you will not be considered disabled. You have to be disabled for any type of work not just the type of work that you did previously. Not sure if you knew that or not.