Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back brace

Luis62LLuis62 Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Lower Back Pain
what back brace do you use to help you get around?
has anyone ever use this brace?
Cybertech SPINE Back Brace

• i guess no uses back brace's.
  • Lumiscope Criss Cross Black Back Support

This is a lot like the one that I used for three months. The one I had wrapped around my waist and criss-crossed at the front and had a hard shell in the back that my surgeon said I could remove occasionally if it got too uncomfortable.

I like the one I had and it gave me a lot of support. It was also a great reminder to adhere to my restrictions.

I of course had my brace after my TLIF, so is yours simply for support or for use after surgery?

• for support while i do things around the house and for work.
  • The one I had might work well for you, then. I guess the best thing is to just go and try some out and see which one works best for you and your situation.

Good luck. I know there's one out there that's just what you're looking for.

• I've used Champion with the shoulder straps. I've tried Dr. Hos decompression/physio belt which I can't wear for too long without getting a sore back. I stopped wearing a brace because they say it weakens your abdominal muscles. But if it's used just while lifting or working in the garden etc. I guess it's okay. Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I was fitted for one at an orthotics. As soon as I put it on I got immediate relief.

If you follow Caths advice and try some on I think you will know when you find the one that is right for you.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.