Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

10 week post op 360 fusion...update nyc md visit..maybe the neck is next???

lynettellynette Posts: 217
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well had my second post op visit with my surgeon and he said I am fusing well and was cleared to wean off brace and start PT. I did ask how he felt I was doing compared to most and he said I was doing MUCH better than most. I have been very blessed in my experience and thank all for your support along the way. I really have no pain in my legs to speak of but having some flare of my neck disc at c5-c6 since I have been back to work. I was suppose to have surgery on the neck in 2003 but it got better and came off the cord, but now having some arm symptoms. He did some plain xrays and the disc space is pretty narrow. I am no longer a candiate for the ADR in my neck so he said it would just be a single level fusion. He said I have pretty much lost my mobility in that disc anyway. He would not do anything for at least 3 months and believe me I will hopefully get it settled down again with some strengthning with PT cuz I have let the neck get weak from not doing any of those excersises. It flared after my 1st back surgery so lets pray it will calm down or it might be the spine fix it year!! Lynette

• Lynette - I am so happy that you are doing so well. It sounds like you have truly been blessed in your fusion experience. It is great to hear that you are fusing and will be starting PT. I started PT a couple of weeks ago and it has been tough but I can tell that I am getting stronger every day.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your neck and arms. I will be praying that it gets better with PT and that you do not have to have surgery on it.

Good luck and take care!
  • Great to hear you've lost the brace and good to go for PT. I hope PT can also help with your neck and arm issues. Thanks for the update. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks girls!! I made my PT appointment today and start next week. I am anxious and nervous cuz working all day and then trying to go to pt will be a real challange. Today was the first day I didn't lie down at lunch. It's going to take some time to loose the brace cuz it is really supportive expecially at work. Lynette
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Hi Lynette;

I may also be heading for the neck. IN 2006 I had a C5-C7 ACDF, at the time C4 was "iffy". Well since I have the worst luck with spine stuff I should have insisted C4 be added in. So I think this year I may need a procedure to add C4 in.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos