Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 days after L4-L5 Discectomy and Dynesys Stabalization

PaDavePPaDave Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hello to all my brethren in pain and hopefully most that are not in any. My name is Dave im 29 and on Monday May 24th at 715 am i had my first back surgery.
I had my L4-L5 disc trimmed[Discectomy] and the Dynesys stabalization performed at this level also. I went into surgery around 715am and woke around 1215pm in some pain, i was hooked up to a morophone pump, lol i know you mean Morphine? Nope atleast thats not what the pump said haha. i was takin off the pump on Tuesday night around 4pm. At 6pm i got out of bed and the pain hit me like a truck and i was given a shot o Toradol and walked for maybe 10 steps and went back to bed. Wednesday came and i felt pretty good, i was on oxycodone and Torodal and went to PT around 9am. I walked from the PT room to the elevator from the elevator to my room smiling the whole time. I felt so good i was released Wednesday at 12pm, the drive home sucked so bad but i made it. Woke today feeling good moderate pain but walked forr 20 minutes andd i think im gonna go to my sons baseball game. ]
I just wanted to share my story and tell all who answered my questions and comforted me thank you very much. And may the sun always shine upon you even in the darkest days.

• Good to hear you're doing so well after your surgery. I hope you heal completely and hope you can enjoy your son's baseball game. CHarry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN