Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

should I get another attorney

in painiin pain Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Health Insurance Issues
After filing for my ssd the attorney that had been helping me suddenly took another position. In the meantime the new attorney who I asssume is an attorney and is supposed to be helping me won't as much as tell me the time of day. Should i look for another representative, and If I would what kind of financial issue does that place on me for there time involved. Currently getting more help from my city office than anyone else. Please advise, and thank you.

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    I assume you are referencing SS? If you are, is the firm you are working with a firm that solely deals in SS and other disability income replacement issues (i.e. employer based LTD, disability retirement, etc)?

2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • When you hired them to represent you, you signed a contract with them. Look and see what happens on the contract in that event. Obviously you hired that attorney so part of the contract maybe not valid. If you are having issues with that attorney get ahold of the senior partner and or the office manager. Often times in these cases there just isn't any movement and no need for them to contact. But I can't say that is the situation with your case without knowing the specifics of the case. When you check this attorney's credentials check to see that they have been working on disability cases and you are not the first case.
  • From my accident I had a claim on the other drivers insurance. I hired a lawyer who a friend recommended. Huge mistake. He just wanted cash fast because he was a one man office and was living check to check.

I contacted an attorney who has been handling my husbands claim. Not sure why I didn't call him in the first place -- but whatever. So I met with him and signed the papers to switch. In NY at least you have the right to change attorneys when you are working on a contingency (they get 1/3). When it was settled the attorneys had to split the 1/3. If they couldnt agree to the split it would go before a judge but I wasn't involved.

I would first call the attorney who is handling this now and see what is going on. If you aren't happy contact the office manager and explain that you dont feel comfortable. If that gets you no where then contact another attorney. Ask them how they get paid.