Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what could this be?

autumnjoyaautumnjoy Posts: 55
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
i was trying to get up this morning, and it felt like something snapped in my neck. i tried to get up and i couldn't. i had to wake up my husband for him to lift me up.

i cannot move my head to the left without alot of pain.

i had to call into work because of this, and i'm thinking i probably should go to the ER.

what does this sound like? it hurts really bad.

thanks for any help.... Autumn

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Could be a phone call to your Doctor.

Sounds like a trip to your ER to get an appropriate exam and status.

Any sudden change in symptoms should be immeadiately reported to your doctor, or a sufficent substitute such as an ER doctor.

Let us know how you are doing after you take the actions that you feel are needed.

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• for responding,i really appreciate it!

well, i ended up going to the Er, because right now,i do not have any insurance or a doctor.

they did not treat me very well at all.

the ER doctor just touched my shoulder and neck muscles a little bit, said it was probably just a cervical strain, and sent me home with some Flexeril.

that is exactly why i hate going to the ER (or any doctors for that matter). they never take me or my pain seriously.

i truly feel like some discs in my neck are getting worse, as well as the foriminal narrowing.

i still have no feeling in my fingers since December of last year, something isn't right.

i have an appt. in August for the free medical clinic here, and i'm hoping to get through to that doctor....we'll see!

thanks again for responding!

Autumn <3
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364

I am glad that you went and got it checked out .... now the stink will be on the doc and hospital if its anything more. Flexiril? IMHO thats like trying to help the gulf coast oil spill with a bass boat and some cotton balls. Is it helping at all?

Working and yet no insurance? Welcome to life in America. Lotsa talk and still no real healthcare reform action.

Warm moist heat is my next best friend ... when even the handfulls of meds I take still seem to fail.

I didn't mean to sound flippin in my post but we need to watch our forums rule boundries closely about making any recommendations.

Keep us posted and I am sending good vibs your way ... (what few I have left).

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• What also stinks with going to the ER with spine related pain is what they examine! Unless you come in there via a trauma event (car accident, violent mugging), they look you over visually and maybe give you x-rays - doesn't help much with nerve and disk issues, so yeah, they give you some drugs, pat you on your butt and send you on your way! Oh, and $800 please! Grrr....

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • but i was truly scared!

the flexeril does absolutely nothing for me. the only thing it is good for, is if i take 2 it will knock me out and i can get some sleep. atleast i can't feel the pain when i'm sleeping!

i still have the same pain i always do in my neck. i can move it a little better now, but this morning i woke up and my shoulders are aching really bad, and they are really stiff, it hurts extrememly bad to lift them.

i truly feel like something more has happened to my C5-6 or 7. the foriminal narrowing is worse at these levels,and i feel like it's gotten worse.

i can't get any doctors to take me seriously, it really stinks.

it's not normal to be in pain everyday, and to have numb fingertips for 6 months.

this pain is really bringing me down. i'm not usually a downer kind of person, but i've been really depressed and snippy. my quality of life has been really low.=(

i just wish i could find someone to take me seriously.

sorry for being a downer!

i appreciate you guys responding to my post. take care.......... Autumn
  • Autumn,

I know we aren't doctors, so not the same, but we care and we DO take what you're describing being 'for real' and we will take you seriously. :)

Unfortunately we have all run into the doctor that just sees an insurance payment walking into the office instead of a person! It may take a while, but if you persist, you will find that doctor that WILL take your issues seriously. Don't give up, okay?

Support *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.