Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having bad cervical and scalp area nerve / ache pain...Anyone else?

ButterflyPainBButterflyPain Posts: 290
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I go through bouts where I have nothing but the back of my neck be sore to the touch, where the neck and skull meet is sore, and the on the sides and top just nervy achy pain on the scalp. Sometimes it is sore a little to touch it when it is bad. Also this pain is felt in the middle between my shoulder blades and on my shoulders.

What works most for me is a Soma and a .5 Klonopin, and before that a reg. strength Vicdoin, I space them out, but I don't feel proper relief till the klonopin has been taken as the third resort.

I also lay down in bed on my back with an ice pack behind my neck and or on top of my head and just relax for 45 mins but I end up falling asleep, and I want to be able to stay up during the day you know.

I have noticed when I do get out of the house and move it is less noticeable or relieved for the most part, but lately I have been relaxing and not moving much. I just got off for summer and have been trying to catch up on relaxing. I just can't imagine having to move all day in order to maintain a low level of pain. It just isn't natural you know?

My PAC said I could try taking the ES Vicodin that I was instructed originally to take once at night , as I have more pain then. However she said to try once mid day dose and try the ES and see if it helps more. As there isn't any use suffering.

Anyone have a similar problem, what meds do you take to help it? , and what non medical stuff do you do to improve it? And what do your doctors say about this?

Is this a common thing that can happen to neckies?

• I have minor to moderate stenosis on C5/C6 and C7 , osteophytes, the dry disc and maybe some impingement.

Pain Forum said my info was too long, so I had to edit some out on my signature.
  • I have pretty decent headaches/migraines 3-4 sometimes 5 days a week. Topping out at around 7-8 on my pain scale. I use Ice alot and heat alot and my PCP started me on Topomax. I understand it will stake several weeks to find the right dosage to help prevent the number of occurances. I had my eyes checked out as well. I found out I have narrow angle glaucoma. I had my left eye treated with a lazar Wednesday and I am having my right eye done in 2 more weeks. I also was given a script for bifocals- Maybe it will help.

Mine I think usually start while I am sleeping so I figure it is possitional. I am thinking after I try the topomax for 6 months or a year I might try a sleep clinic.