Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

just want this to end

elviseelvis Posts: 79
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Depression and Coping
we are both in pain all the time and cant wait for long cant work any more just want to know what left we both can do we cryed our self to sleep last night had thourght about ending it was with me i love my husband so much thats what stops me from taking tablet to end things i have a daughter who is 19 years old that is going the same way as both of us and i cant seem to help her please can anyone tell us how to get out of this so we can help her as well

• Hey there. Your post is a little scary here - I need to know that you're hanging in there and trying to find some solutions for you and your family.

We all have faced those moments when it seems easier to just make it all go away somehow but in the end, you have to find a way to deal with it together and alone. Life may be difficult and in fact is for many of us, but it can be one we can live with and not be in misery 24/7. There hope and help out there, I promise.

What's happening with you?

Can you let me know you're alright, please?

• my husband as been in pain for 2 years i have been in paib for 1 year with Osteoarthritis in both my hips left shoulder and my fingers on both hand ny husband allso as problems with his left hip and lefy knee so he is in pain all the tim as well it just that it been geting to us lately that we both cant walk for long and we both have to get our kids to do every thing for us were we both worked and now we cant do any thing no more i have had thought about ending it and to day my husband wanted to as well i am on tablet for deprestion and so his he but we shoped taking then a year ago
  • It might be time to start taking them again. What you're going through is very difficult and you really could use the help that those can give.

There's are thousands of people here that can tell you stories that would break your heart and you would understand how difficult life is for them as well. Some of them need the anti-depressants to help cope as well.

For me, in addition to my daily pain after two spine surgeries and with continuing DDD and arthritis at 48, I've lost both my mother and my father, my brother who was only one year older than myself to a major heart attack only 2 years ago and my sister, my best friend, committed suicide about 7 years ago. I am only now beginning to forgive her.

I'm only telling you these personal things to try and help you put things into perspective. I battle demons every day like most of us, but it's imperative to get past them and not let them win. You can be much stronger than that and some need medicine to help with that strength.

I also want you to know that if you and your husband do what you're saying, it will devistate your children and the chances that they'll follow the same route as you will go up 100 fold. I know that because after my sister did what she did, my niece had to battle very hard not to follow in her mother's footsteps.

Please take a step back, do what you need to do to keep yourself going, including getting back on anti-depressants, and trying to get back to living again, even if it's not the life you'd choose. It's still a life and you can find joy in it. Just read around the forums at what different people do to get their quality of life to where they can deal with it.

I know it's difficult, Lord knows, I know it's difficult, but it can be done and your children deserve to have you around and not be subjected to what you're thinking. If nothing else, you owe it to your children to go on. I guarantee you, they'd rather have you around with the need to help you than suffer the grief of what you are considering.

• You're post was painful and scary to read. Your pain and desperation are obvious. Please, get some help. Talk to your Doctor, family, etc. and get some support.

I agree with Cath: anti-depressants would probably help. I am on them to help me deal with the depression that commonly goes with chronic pain.

Another point Cath made that I can attest to: my maternal grandmother and great grandfather both commited suicide. Those they leave behind have a very difficult time coping with it.

Please let us know you are OK,

• I'm sorry to hear you're having so much pain both you and your husband. I have DDD in my lumbar spine and sciatica and have had relief from injections and medications. I hope you see your Primary Dr. to help you both and hope you have a Pain Management Dr. to help you. Multidisciplinary pain management may help. Don't give up you're still young and as technology increases there may be better meds available. There may be some medications to help you even now that you haven't tried yet. Prayers you both have pain relief soon, See your Dr. soon. Charry

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN