Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

greeneyedbabyggreeneyedbaby Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, one n all... Well, I'm new so here is a bit of history... I have DDD & spinal stenosis.. I have had 3 surgery and recently discovered I will need at very least 2 more... I have a prominant right leg limp (I actually toe walk) I am getting very little relief from medications, tens unit and physical therapy. I've not slept more than 3 hours a night for the last 5 years! If anyone has suggestions as to how I could comfortably sleep a few more hours, it would be greatly appreciated!

• i am sorry that you are in pain .but you have come to the right place this is one of the best forums on the web and the people here are very warm and genuine .i think we need to know a little more about you and your situation so we may be able to help a little more .i could advise you on beds and recliner but if you already have them there's no point!.you have a TENS maybe you are not using it as well as it can be used ? sleeping is a major problem with chronic pain i myself only sleep for a few hours 2/3 a night and i have been like this for 3 years at least .what i do is get out of my electrical adjustable bed the come down stairs put on my TENS have more pain killers and get on my recliner and watch TV and hopefully fall asleep .do you swim .i find that this helps both physically and mentally .there are many subjects on spine health and you may benefit in reading some of the established threads .once again welcome
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by.. alot of us suffer from sleep problems.. here i am at 3 in the morning typing to you!! my favorite way to atleast get on the road to some sleep is to get all comfy in bed, lots of pillows, soft pjs... turn on your favorite radio station and then just let the music take over. i find it often helps with the pain as well.. good luck on catching some shut eye!! stop by anytime! sorry to read you are facing other surgeries!! Jenny :)
  • Hey there and welcome to the site..Ive found this site to be so helpful and there is always someone to chat to..
  • Greetings Greeneyedbaby!

Welcome to Spine-Health!!! On the top of the web page is a search box. I myself have found a wealth of information using it. :)

Sorry you are hurting so bad. Nibble sleeping many times is a sad side effect of chronic pain. If heat makes you feel better, there are small comfortable heating pads that you can sleep on? I find that I mix my sleeping positions each night helps a little too. Support *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I think that many chronic pain patients are on the same quest for a decent nights sleep.

Something that really helped me was a 4" memory foam mattress topper. I have a very good bed but the topper relieves pressure points and really helps me to get a better nights sleep.

You will find lots of support on this forum and I am glad that you found us.