Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Result after 100th Decompression Session

VinterVVinter Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Lower Back Pain
First of all, I would like to thanks all the people who had contributed to this wonderful website.

I am 20 years old and 6'4. The first lower back pain I had was back in 2007. It lasted about 2 -3 weeks. The only doctors I saw were a chiropractic and one time only with a neurologist. No conditions were stated. The pain was excruciating but when it was gone, I did not really pay attention to it. BIG mistake.

Forward to 2010 that pain came back in September, 2009. I had MRI in October, and was diagnosed with multiple bulging discs on the lumbar spine. Since then I have had decompression therapy (5 days a week from September to December, and about 2 or 3 per week from January to now). I also did daily stretching, especially the back extension.

I just had MRI taken yesterday, and just obtained the report. Would you guys take a look at my report and see if there were any progress?

MRI of October,2009 for L2 - L3: There is a minimal bulging disc without evidence for herniation.
MRI of June,2010 for L2-L3: Disc desiccation. Endplate degenerative changes. There is a 2 mm midline disc protrusion with mild effacement of the anterior thecal sac.

MRI of October,2009 for L3-L4: There is a mild bulging disc and moderate facet joint arthropathy. This result in mild central canal narrowing. There is no evidence for disc herniation. The inferior neural foramina are narrowed bilaterally.
MRI of June,2010 for L3-L4: Disc desiccation. Endplate degenerative changes. Facet arthorpathy is noted. There is a 3 mm midine disc protrusion resulting in mild effacement of the anterior thecal sac with no neural abutment.

MRI of October,2009 for L4-L5: There is large central and right paramedian herniated disc and possibly a free fragment with disc material extending behind the posterior superior aspect of the L5 vertebral body. The theca sac is deformed. The exiting nerve root on the right side is not seen and is probably displaced by this large herniated disc.
MRI of June,2010 for L4-L5: Disc desiccation. Endplate degenerative changes. There is a 3 mm circumferential disc protrusion resulting in mild abutment of the descending L5 nerve roots bilaterally with a wild degree of central canal stenosis.

MRI of October,2009 for L5-S1: Disc desiccation. Endplate degenerative changes. Facet arthorpathy is noted. There s a 2 mm midline disc protrusion strategically located int he midline with mild effacement of the anterior thecal sac and with no neural abutment. There is a 2 mm right foraminal disc protrusion with mild abutment of the exiting right L5 nerve root.

Thank you for taking your time reading my post. Any feedback is always appreciated.

• How are you feeling? Is your pain less? Are you able to do more than what you could do before the Decompression? Each person is different how some have pain and numbness and some have no symptoms. I would get a second opinion from a Neurologist and a Ortho surgeon or Neurosurgeon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • how did this happen? did you have any injury to your back or play b-ball?
  • What I don't understand is why the two MRI are talking about different parts of your spine. In 2009 it was L4-S1. Now it is L2-L4.

If would ask your doctor about this. Something sounds fishy. If this is right then all your problems from last year are gone and you have a new set of issues.
This discussion has been closed.