Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

From Ouch to Ummm, what does this mean....

:SS I want to start off by saying I am NOT SEARCHING FOR ANY MEDICAL ADVICE OR SEEKING ANY MEDICAL WHATEVER...I say that because I think I word things incorrectly sometimes here and I get edited, and I don't mean to ask for any of that, just want to know if anyone knows what i mean, if they've got a story about what they've been through that might RELATE to me, not directions to follow etc. That being said (whew, i think...) I'm a little paranoid here in the UK this evening, well it's 0354am here, so morning i suppose. I am still in pain everywhere, except an unexpected development that has me a little nervous, so if you wish please pm me if you don't want to reply to the post, either way just feeling a little scared and I'm only almost six months into the back chronic pain, so still a newbie. Back to the point, right? lol, sorry for ramblin. Sciatic left leg is all the same, still pain from the herniated l3 l4 area, down my left side, rear end, thigh, knee, and now at about 0200am this morning, numb and tingly (mainly numb though) from the calf down through my foot is the worst. I'm using a cane to walk, so i force myself to straighten up whenever i walk now, so much more painful, but the physiotherapist says it will pay off in the long run, and I am keeping an open mind at this whole issue so I'm hanging on with it. I have to move around a lot, so i'm confused, because I've only felt this feeling before when you know, like a part of my body "falls asleep". I just grit my teeth, shake it off, stomp my feet or wiggle my arms a bunch, and usually right back to normal. This method isn't working but i guess i shouldn't complain because there is no pain in that area for now...i am scared though, just jumpy as all new symptoms, feelings i'm way oversensitive being a newb. So, I kept walking around, came back to the internet, went back outside walking some more, no improvement. My plan now, is to wait it out about four more hours and then call the GP just to check in and let him know the symptoms. Nothing new in routine or meds lately, if anything just being active more. I've read on several sites and posts (which are more credible to me at the moment, you guys live it too) that numbness is part of the game with back trouble, so I'm hoping it's just a normal part of having a herniated disc, sciatica, ddd, facet joint, blah blah blah...lol:) I'll try to stay positive the next few hours, but if you've got any feedback, please feel free to drop me a line, I always appreciate it! Take care spiney pals, I believe more and more on this site that I am not alone:)

• sorry that you are up at 4 am .and no your not alone .i was thinking ..have you tried a TENS for your pain .?? there is a very good one called the acticre and seeing as you are in the uk you can phone them and order one up and use it for 30 days ..and if its no good they will refund you! don't confuse this TENS with the cheap stuff that you can get from Lloyd's chemist .this is a proper medical grade device and i would be stuffed without mine .i use it almost 24/7 .google acticare for more info
  • Hi, I'm new to the forum but have been regulary using the Lloyds tens machine mentioned by Straker. The one I have also has a heat setting which I've found quite useful, as well as the fact it can take batteries so I can tote it to work with me (all though I think my colleagues think I'm a complete pleb as I have to put it in a sterile bag due to where I work).

I would have been lost without mine and have frequently finally managed to nod off with it in a cycle progress (usually after doing a few).

Hope this helps?