Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Depression, anxiety and panic attacks

elviseelvis Posts: 79
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Depression and Coping
well what can i say my husband as Depression, anxiety and panic attacks plus he all so as DDD plus pain all the time in his left knee and hip he is in pain all the time and the panic attacks are taking over his life he is on meds for the paine and he takes kalms for the panic attacks we have been to the doc about this and told him that he now cant go in to shops or buildings and all he wants to do is give more tablet which he does not want his there any thing anyone else can tell us what to do i hate seeing him like this the kids dont seem to under stand about panic attacks


  • i do hope some one can help us
  • I used to have panic attacks and stopped me from going outside years ago. Now I breathe through the panic attacks and I'm alright. I went trough desensitization therapy with a Therapist. Your husband would do well to see someone in that field or a Psychiatrist. Your Primary may order other meds for him that are more effective. My best wishes for him. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I would try a psychiatrist who deals with chronic pain sufferers. They would be better able to evaluate the medications he is taking and possibly suggest changes to his other doctor or know what to add if necessary.

    Hope you can find some help.

    Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

    Post Edited by Authority Member haglandc
  • there are some really good doctors out there who deal specifically with pain patients and anxiety problems and depression.. i think it may be time to find someone more qualified to work with your husband both with medications and therapies.. please think this over and take some time to look for a new physcian.. good luck to you! you are one strong lady to be sticking by your husband at this difficult time, be sure and take good care of yourself as well. Jenny :)
  • I used to get panic at night and feel like I couldn't breathe. I found that the more I thought about breathing the worse it would get, so I listen to music and try to think about something else. Aside from the professional advice, which I don't have, I suggest doing whatever you can, tv, music, to calm him down when it's at its worse. You're in my prayers.
Sign In or Register to comment.