Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Attack of the joints

emtchickieeemtchickie Posts: 39
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Last weekend I was in bed watching tv and all of a sudden out of no where my ankle and foot felt like someone had came and broke the sucker in half. I have had a broken foot and omg it was almost as painfull. I put the heating pad around it took some aleve and after 4hrs I ended up falling asleep not sure if the pain ever let up or I just crashed. Here in the past month I have had this with other joints. First was my thumb and it would lock up, then it was the wrist and lock up then the last 3 fingers would do same and lock up. I have had this on both hands and would be just shopping or or even sitting not typing or touching anything and it will happen. My foot when it happened I couldnt walk on it It wouldnt hold my weight so I had to hop around the room. I have arthritis in my knees have since I was a teen over 20yrs ago and my family has alot of issues with it too. My question is can it be it or something more immune system wise or even fibro? I see and ortho for my shoulder this month and will tell him about this but I would love to hear from anyone that has had this. I am waiting on the other shoe to drop so far my left side seems to be the most effected..exp for the right hand issues. but all the problems begin on my left side. So if anyone can help me or let me know they have had this I would appreciate it.. Thanks Lori

• :D OMG, that sure sounds uncomfortable! I have an appointment this month with a rheumatologist to try to get to the bottom of my joint issues. But, I've only had sciatica cause extreme pain not like what you're talking about.

Sounds like a good rheumatologist may be the ticket. I don't know your age, but if you are mid life you might want to start taking calcium supplements to protect your bones. I thought I was getting enough calcium but realized after talking with my gyno that it wasn't enough.

Another thought I had was that you may be sitting on a pressure point while lounging in bed that is causing you to have foot pain. Sounds crazy but my first symptom of lower back issues was pain in my foot -- who knew?~ Anway, I tend to move around alot while lounging, sitting or driving to keep my joints from "locking up".

I don't think it sound slike fibro because from what I've read that's supposed to be muscle related.

Hope you get answers soon.

• Got an appt to see the rheumatologist in August. My neuro doc said it was a good idea to see her and find out if I have an autoimmune issue. As of right now what I deal with is the painful joints and I am also losing the pigment in skin around the joints I am having issues with. Will be glad to get answers on this problem.
  • I can't speak to Fibro as I am only vaguely aware of what all causes it, and to its full symptoms. If you are having random pain specifically in joints, and randomly, I might think auto-immune issues? I don't mean like AIDS or something, just something telling your body these areas are 'the enemy' or something? I see you are going to a Rhumey, best idea right there!

Please keep us posted as this can happen to any of us from what I am learning. Gentle *HUG* of support. I hope you are feeling better and know what's up soon!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I had something like that happen to me last week. For two days my right foot was sore like I had a sprained foot and could barely walk on it. But I forced myself to walk around the block daily and the third day it disappeared. I have arthritis in many parts so I'm sure that's it for me. I've told my Dr. I think I have Fibro but she told me I don't have enough points of pain But I would like to get a blood work up or see a Rheumatologist. Good luck and hope you're better soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.