Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4most. out L4-5 fusion

raygirlrraygirl Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,

Just an update and wanting to find out how others do at 4 mos.
out of a fusion. I am working but my job is not that strenous.
I walk and try to do my back exercises as much as I can. I
do still have lots of stiffness when I do too much. I worked
a Wine festival and my back was really stiff but felt better
after done working part. I guess I wonder what is the difference between 4most. post and maybe 8 most. post. I
eventually would like to ride a bike and maybe do some light
kayaking . What have others experienced in the way of
progress after 8-12 most. I do not take any pills except an
occasional skelatin- rare. I always want to encourage others
too because it is a long road. My husband is very active and
I need to keep up with him down the road. thanks , raygirl :D

• Congratulations on being so active already after 4 months out! I am 2 1/2 years out and still have a terrible time walking and standing. Now I have bony overgrowth at the fusion site causing stenosis. I can imagine that you will only improve more at 8 months. I do advise you though to take it slow.

Best wishes,