Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain

kashifkkashif Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Lower Back Pain

can anyone help me to cure from my back problem
i have this problem since 6 months. i have MRI & it says
Disc dessication seen at L5-S1.
Central and bilateral paracentral disc bulges seen at L5-S1, causing bilateral thinning of exiting nerve roots.




  • Welcome to spine health. What does your doctor suggest? And what kind of doctor are you seeing? I would suggest a neurologist since there is nerve involvement.

    Also what specifically are you feeling. We all have irregularities in our spines, most of which doesnt bother us. The doctors are only interested in treating what hurts or may cause serious damage if left alone.
  • Kashif,

    Welcome to Spine-Health! Use of the search box with your questions might be of help as there is a wealth of information on here from a member standpoint as well as doctor written articles that may help you. :)

    Kris is right on the money. None of us are doctors, and even if we were, the problem comes down to individuality! By example, your MRI could be almost perfect, and yet your writhing in pain, to the flip of the coin, your MRI looks like a train wreck, yet you have no symptoms.

    As Kris also said, if you can get with a Neurologist for an exam and if needed further testing, that would be the best path towards a 'cure.' But keep in mind, some do gain complete relief through treatments or surgery, others just get some relief. Don't be lulled into thinking someone can "fix" you - would be nice, but not always the case. Please let us know how it goes.

    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • we aren't doctors .but in my experience it would sound like an operation is indicated .maybe a discectomy or similar ..your surgeon will talk to you about it ..PLEASE NOTE THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY DONT TAKE IT A S RED!!
  • And I would disagree with Straker. If that were my MRI, I'd absolutely be trying conservative treatment and definitely trying to avoid surgery.

    So that is why you should talk to your doctor and make your own choice with your medical professional's advice, rather than depending on us :)
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.