Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Good news at last!!

IvorymoonIIvorymoon Posts: 44
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I had my hearing with the ALJ last week, and I was awarded a fully favorable decision! I was so relieved that my SSDI was finally approved I went home and cried from relief. It sure has been a rough road, but maybe now things will be a little easier.

Does it take very long to receive your first check, and back pay?? (I was awarded back pay too.) From what I have heard it seems to vary quite a lot as to the length of time people have waited for their first check to arrive, as well as the back pay.

At any rate, I am sure happy!

• I am so pleased for you. It must be such a relief.

My son got his first check in about 4 weeks from his getting approved. Didn't even know it was in there for a couple of days, so check your account frequently. I think his back pay arrived within a couple of months. I think it does vary according to how busy your area is and how fast the paperwork goes through.

Here's to better days for you!

Peggy x
  • That is such great news.
  • I did get my backpay within the 30 days after the decision but it may vary by area.
    I know how relieved you are feeling.
  • I'm very happy for you! That's great news. It's about time it can never come too soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Congratulations. It doesn't heal but it helps.
  • Congrats! It didn't seem like it took very long before I received my first check. I don't remember if was about the same time as the settlement.

They base the date you get paid each month on your birth date. I get paid the 4th Wed of each month because my birthday is on the 26th (March).

In my case I was told by my lawyer it looked like it would be another 2 yr wait to see the ALJ. One month late I got my fully favorable decision letter. I was shocked. My attorneys kept sending them updated medical records and I guess that's what accelerated the process.

Anyway, Congrats!