Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower back pain,hip and leg pain..possible tailbone tumour or cyst

missymmissy Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone my name is Missy.
Right now i am having severe pain and frustrations. My pain is all on the left side and is from my degenerative L4,L5 which is herniated, I also have arthritis in my SI joint and a tumour or cyst on my tailbone and finally sciatica. I completed today my last injection this was my second round not really helping taking pain meds....they make my head high but don't really do anything for the pain. I can't sleep at night can't get comfortable laying on my back or left side is out of the question. Please please does anything help with the pain.....I also get shots or tordal everytime i go to the doctor
Any suggestions other than cutting off my left side....just kidding but it sounds good.
missy love

• :D

Welcome to Spine Health. This site was a lifesaver for me when I started with sciatic problems. Please read through the articles. There is so much information that may help you.

So many of us here have been where you are -- just so tired of the pain...Let's see, you didn't mention that you were taking Lyrica or Neurotin for nerve pain. I'm on Lyrica. Many people are on sedatives or muscle relaxers that their physicians have prescribed for them and that seems to help.

Heating pads, ice packs, massage, chiropractic, tens unit, pool therapy, inversion tables, acupunture -- these are just some of the things that I and many people on the site have tried to help control the pain, oh, and physical therapy.

I'm with you on the narcotics (although I have taken them), they just make me groggy and out of it and I still have the pain. And, yes, when my pain was hideous I was getting tordal shots and taking prednisone.

You didn't mention how long you've had this flare up or if it has just built up over the years. If you're still working while you're miserable, I feel for you. The added stress doesn't help the pain.

What's the next course of action that the doctor has recommended for you?

I'm sure you'll get more responses from members who are familiar with DDD and cysts.

Hang in there! We're here to support you through this tough patch.

Take care,

• I do take pain meds. I take Lortab and baclofen and have pain patches but like i said none of these are helping. yes I am still working 10-12 hours a day and on my feet the entire time. I am a Asst. mgr for a grocery store and i have to work because i carry all of the insurance. Right now i am laying on a heat pad, I have tried the PT didn't help, got some inserts for my shoes hoping it would help and it does but very little I am just so miserable. I go back to the Doctor tomorrow to have a Nerve conduction hoping and praying this will tell me something.
    The injections i got today one of them was in my SI joint but the other one and most painful one was in my tailbone and right now my left leg is kinda numb and tingly.
    missy love
  • that you are feeling numb and tingly believe it or not. It may indicate that they injected the right spot.
    My experience has been that it takes time after any procedure in order to heal from the procedure itself to know if you actually got any relief from it.

The only thing that I could think of that may help you to sleep a little more comfortably is a 4" memory foam mattress topper. It will really relieve the pressure points and allow you to sleep with less pain. I have a really good bed but the topper has been a godsend for me.

Hope this helps and please keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are dealing with so much pain right now.. i do hope you are able to find some relief soon! please stop by anytime.. there is always someone around to speak with.. it seems we all have sleep problems!! i love to get cozy with my pillows all around, turn on the radio to my favorite station and then let the music take over. i hope this helps some. good luck! Jenny :)