Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trial Today - Great until 5 minutes ago

AnneENorthAAnneENorth Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I had my trial today at 9 am. Everything went well. Very little pain....just pressure when they inserted the needles. Used the Boston Scientific model. Rep was great. Coverage was just were I needed it....lower buttocks into feet in both legs. I have not felt the incision pain that everyone has been talking about and have had the unit turned on periodically throughout the day.

Everything has been going well so what do I decide to do twist around and look in the mirror to see my incision on my back! I am still getting the coverage down both my legs but I can feel that it pulled on my back. Should I bother calling my rep? It does hurt on my back where the leads were put in but I am still getting coverage in the right places.

• You may want to ice the area. The trial leads are just sutured at the surface. I remember when I had my trial the right lead was a little sensitive. If it persists, give your doctor a call and let him know. They should have an emergency contact for you.

P.S. stop twisting, there nothing to see.
  • During my trial, in order to keep from twisting to look in the mirror, I had my husband take photos. It was cool because then I could document the experience. So stop twisting in front of the mirror and get out the camera.

Can your husband check the bandage to make certain you haven't pulled the stitches holding the leads in? There should be enough tape and Tegaderm over all of it to keep it from pulling, but never hurts to keep an eye on the dressing. The leads come out of your back and go into a connector block that allows them to attach to the external unit you are carrying. It should all be secured quite well.

It never hurts to call the doc or the rep. The trial is for YOU TO DECIDE whether or not spinal cord stimulation helps YOU. You don't want to distract yourself from the trial by focusing on pain at the point of lead insertion. So don't be afraid to call the doc.

Good luck with the rest of your trial.