Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone,
I haven't been on in a few months just biding my time waiting to see my neurologist. After my surgery i was listed by my surgeon as still having severe neuropathy when i was discharged. Since then I've had issues with swelling in my hips ,my right arm that i had a lot of pain in before the surgery and also down my legs. I was just wondering if anyone else with neuropathy has had issues with swelling?

• My left side is worse in cervical, thoracic and lumbar. My left foot swells off and on. Sometimes moves up my leg. I can actually fling it (the inflammation) to the front of my leg if I kick it forward when I walk. No doctors have given me an explanation for it yet. They chose the "wait and see" approach.

My left leg paralyzed for 20 minutes (2 yrs ago), an ER doc ruled out stroke and mentioned peripheal neuropathy - but he's the only one.

I hope you find out what's going on and post again.

• I don't have anything to contribute to your post as I have no swelling and don't know what could be causing it, but I just wanted to say that it's nice to see you around again. I've thought about you and have been wondering how you're doing.

Take care and keep us posted.
  • Thanks Jasro,
    Before my surgery i had a couple of falls where i couldn't move as well but it only lasted a little bit like your. I plan on mentioning it to my neurologist when i see her in July,i was just hoping that others had similar problems and already had a doctors opinion. Its been mentioned to my therapist and they did say that nerve damage could cause the swelling but they didn't seem to sure of themselves.

Hi Cath,
    Thanks for the welcome, I've been a lurker for the last while.Just waiting for more doctors apt.Everything is pretty much the same,i'm doing some therapy for tendinitis in my arm that won't go away.Apparently secondary to my car accident because my muscles keep spasming severely and they can't seem to get it under control for some reason. I've been told to lay out in the sun and do breathing exercises. Just the opposite of what i really want to do. If one more person tells me i need to relax i'll scream. I just want this whole thing over with so i can start to feel better and go back to work and a normal life.When i had my surgery i never thought that two years later i would still be seeing neurologists.
  • Yeah, I'm with ya. I had no idea after my ACDF that I'd have continuing problems also, especially having to have another surgery on my lumbar. It just seems like once something starts with your spine, it never ends after that, it just keeps going on.

But what can you do? We have to keep hanging in there and hoping that we'll get better one day or live with what we have.

I think you just need to relax. (JUST KIDDING!)

• :D Your funny Cath,
    I know what you mean about more surgeries.I don't know how my therapist knew but when i started my therapy after surgery he said to me one time that i would still need surgery on my lower back,i didn't believe him and thought he was just borrowing trouble but then the mri came in on my lower back and now who knows what will happen.Hopefully they can work on my lower back and eventually get it so its not bothering me but i have serious doubts especially since my bladder is involved. :? I have no idea what my neurologist is going to say about it all,if she's going to blame my problems on my spinal cord or decide that a lot of it is coming from my lower back.I guess time will tell.