Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My mom's terminal cancer

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Matters of the Heart
I've been gone for quit some time now. Dealing with my moms terminal cancer and a large family. It's made my problems seem small. I do check in and read a few posts every now and then.
I'm still here, kind of, and I will be back. So many new people. Wow, I'll have to re introduce myself. Maybe I won't be a old timer anymore. I'll be the new guy!
Thanks for all of the prayers and support.
Good luck, Jim
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• Jim,

Support *HUGZ* for you and your family. So sorry you are going through all this. Even from this post, I can feel your love for your mother. My prayers are with you and your family in this time of need. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hang in there Jim! There's no way we will let you get away with being a newbie #o

Prayers and good vibes coming your way!

• Howie,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all and this is never an easy time and that was very true and generous for you to say that it puts some perspective on your problems, my own sister died from breast cancer and it is not easy.

In her name I try every day in what she would have expected and watch over her children from a distance, she always encouraged me even when her own need was greater and I thank her for that.

We did have time to laugh and cry and say some of the things we always mean to say and never get around in saying, it taught me more about life and the importance of it and how to keep fighting every day.

Take care to you both.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    I know that this can not be an easy time for you.
    I hope that you continue to have the strength to deal with all of this.
    My thoughts are with you and your situation.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Jim

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family at this difficult time.

Take care,
  • So very sorry you your mom and your family..
    I Shall keep you all in my thoughts and prayers dailey..

It true makes us look at our problems as so tiny..
    I too lost my brother few yrs back with battle of colon cancer..It's by far the hardest thing in this life to watch a loved one go thru this horid cancer..
    I am glad to hear you have a large family you can help each other thru this..
    Stay strong
    take care
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I'm new to the forums but I recently lost my stepdad to cancer and wanted to wish you and your family all the best. Will pray for strength and healing.
  • Prayers for you and your Mom. I pray you and yours have the strength to be together and get through this. Take care of yourself and family. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope that you're doing as good as can be while dealing with all these terrible events in your life. I think of you often and will keep you all in my prayers. I pray you have the strength to see you through this awful time. Please take care of yourself and let me know if I can help in anyway...if only to listen.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    To all of my friends.What a caring bunch of people! You make me feel better in a lousy time. Spine Health people are the greatest!
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • j.howie said:
    To all of my friends.What a caring bunch of people! You make me feel better in a lousy time. Spine Health people are the greatest!
    You are good people, and on here, WE are a family for each other!! *HUGZ* Support goes both ways as you know. Now it is your turn for US to hug you!!! Prayers continue for you and yours. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • And your whole family during this difficult time. I know this is hard but hopefully you are getting some quality time with your mom, she knows she has your love and support.

I understand what you are going through, about a month ago my mom received the news she has terminal lung cancer, it's been devastating! She is only 63! I don't have a big family and she lives in england with my brother and grandparents. It hard for me being so far away. Last week my granny died and my mum is coping with all this as well as her chemo.

I am recovering from another spine surgery 4 weeks ago and also had a hysterectomy this past Monday.!! I like being tortured! But in 3 weeks I fly to England to spend quality time with her, I know it may be my last.

I am sharing only because I know what you are going through and how hard these times are. Everyone here on SH have been so wonderful to me as I have been going through all of this. So don't go too far we are all here for you too.

If you ever need to talk or just vent, we are here!

Sending you hugs and angels.
    Prayers and best wishes,
  • Jim always remember the circle of friends. We support each other as needed. Sometimes we are on the inside of the circle receiving support and sometimes we are the circle.

Dealing with the illnesses of loved ones puts this all in perspective. Makes us take a break from the pity party.
  • My dad died of throat cancer and it was his wish to stay in his home so we (six daughters) became care givers. Then both a sister and brother got cancer, his liver, her's breast, and so we were on call again. It is such a draining time for everyone and my advice to anyone would be to laugh along with crying. I'm sure many people thought we were crazy when they came in on us laughing but we needed to celebrate life. This too shall pass was our motto and it has served us well.
  • Don't forget that it's okay to take care of yourself during this time. I know the stress of the situation probably makes your pain worse and you don't want to complain.

Sending some O:) O:) O:) your way to watch over your mom, you and your family during this precious time. My prayers for comfort and peace are coming your way.

Your mother must be a very special lady because she raised a son like you.

• So sorry...lots of stress for you and your family. Wanted you to know there's lots of folks thinking of you. Take Care Sagehen

• My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mum.

Hope that you will have some very special times together, that will stay with you as happy memories.

Know that there are lots of people here who care and are praying for you. :-) >:D<

• Thinking of you, your mom and your loved ones as you continue on your journey.

Do take care of yourself also. I know that is difficult to do in a situation like this.

In July, I lost a very dear, dear friend to terminal cancer. We had 11 months together, knowing she was terminal.

Most of the time we laughed, cried a little ( I have cried a lot since then) and when the end was near, we encouraged her to "break a rule a day"! Simple ones, like eating dessert first, etc!

I love those memories! :)

I gave her a wind chime and we hung it outside her window. I told her each time she heard it chime, she would know someone is praying for her and her complete recovery.

That wind chime now hangs outside my window! When I hear it, I KNOW she is with me!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! We are here for you!
  • My prayers are with you and your mom.
    Not an easy time. Don't worry about us....let us worry about you.

• I have been thinking of you and your family. I hope you are taking care of yourself. Take time to appreciate every day with your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you!