Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Disappointing Visit

forneyfraufforneyfrau Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So, I went to my one year check up after having a TLIF in June of 2009. I have been feeling fairly good since then. It was a long road of recovery, 4 months in a TSLO brace and significant recovery pain.

I have since lost 34 lbs. and have begun to work out consistently.

Yet, when I went in to see him last week, he delivered the news that my fusion had not maintained its correction because the bottom set of screws had loosened and the curve correction had reversed. He quizzed me as to the level of my pain, but I told him that I was feeling pretty good. He seemed to think that I will have trouble in the future with the area.

I was also asked if I had pain when seated, especially with the hardware. It does feel strange sometimes, some what mechanical. I can't say that it is intensely painful, but a little achy.

Can any of you give me an insight into what the future might hold. Will he possibly have to go back in a redo a portion of the TLIF? Gosh, I don't want this. I want to recover and maintain the weight loss. I don't like feeling helpless like I did after surgery.

Have any of you had such a procedure?

BTW, my work was done on the T11, T12, and L1 sight (at least I think that's correct).

• Hmm...not sure. What did he recommend for options if things do get worse?

I would say that just because things "look wrong", most surgeons combine the image results with the patients story and account of how they feel.

My doctor told me many people have herniated discs for years but just don't have pain so that he uses the MRI plus the patient's feedback to determine the best course of action.

I wish I had more but am not familiar with your situation.

In the meantime, I'm glad you are feeling generally well.