Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What else is there...

beastonbbeaston Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Pain Medications
I'm currently only on 5mg of Oxycodone (4x a day) and 10mg Flexeril (3x a day) and 7.5mg Meloxicam (mobic, 1x a day).

I'm trying to find something that's not as strong as Oxycodone, but stronger than Darvocet in regards to pain relief. I just feel so wore out and tired all the time on this cocktail. I tried Darvocet for a few days as a replacement, but it only worked for a couple of hours before it wore off/quit working.

Thanks for any insight....

• BotzBotz Central FloridaPosts: 223
    You have not stated what's going on with your pain. Does the Oxycodone have any other pain reliever or is it just plain Oxycodone.
    I have used Hydrocodone 10/500 for months with much success. Darvonothings are just that nothing for me.

Good Luck...
  • Depends on what is causing your pain. I don't see any neuro drugs in there. I'm taking neurontin and it takes care of 90% of my pain. The rest I can handle most of the time. Once in a while I take a Vicodin or something similar if I over do it.

I think sometimes doctors forget to look at the source of the pain. Muscle spasms need a relaxer, nerve entrapment needs a neuro and bone on bone needs a narcotic.

Just my thoughts but I think you need to take a step back to see what you really need.
  • I have heard Flexeril can be very sedating. Hydrocodone is another opiate that you might react to differently.

Good luck!
  • Tramadol and hydrocodone are both between propoxyphene (Darvocet, Darvon, etc.) and oxycodone in strength. There's meperidine (Demerol) as well, but that's no good for long-term use. Codeine helps some people more than propoxyphene, although it has roughly the same potency.

Like the others already said, it depends on what your condition is. Good luck!
  • Hi,

If you think the flexeril is a factor in your fatigue you might ask your doctor about Amrix.

I was on flexeril and loved it because it worked so well, but it would literally put me to sleep within an hour or two of taking it. Amrix is the same drug as flexeril but it is an extended release formula so it is supposed to have much less drowsiness associated with it. I recently started the Amrix and while I still have some drowsiness it's much less than the flexeril.

It's a new drug this year so it's expensive, but you can get a coupon on the Amrix website or from your doctor if he has them.
  • but you are on a tiny amount of oxycontin .maybe if you dropped the other drugs and went up to the 10mg long acting oxycontin ..you may get better pain relief .but like i always say consult your doctor before upping or altering your drug regimen