Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Treatments for pain

theresacpttheresacp Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Pain Management
Good morning I think I have had everything done as far as injection in my back it been about 2months and the pain is returning now they want to cut my facet joint nerve on each side don't know how this is going to help fell like they are just guessing I guess o will go ahead and have it done she said it is as easy as the injection so tierd of the pain didn't realize that I had 2different types of pain until the injections has anyone had there nerve cut does it help don't know what to do the pain pill makes it more liveable but the dr acts like that's why iam there any info that you can give would help and is there anything else thY they can do pr am I at the end thanks Theresa

• Hi Theresa

I have never heard of this. Sounds a little strange because the nerves are known to regenerate or re-route when they are cut. There is a procedure call rhizotomy where the nerve ends are burned to disconnect them but this has to be repeated periodically because the nerves reconnect.

If you could share more about what levels of your spine are the problem, what tests you have had and what meds and treatments you have tried someone might have more suggestions.

• I have had surgery 2yrs ago for slippage I have 4 screws some bolts and plates and cage I have been in pain since that point I was sent to pain management dr In march and went through a set of 2 injections about 2 or 3weeks apart for the leg pain that's when I knew I had 2 differnt types of pain then I went though a set of facet k
    joint injections that were more painful than the others and then she said thR she had given mr all the injections that she could so now she wants to go in and cut and burn the facet joint nerve she said that it takes about s year to grow back is there anything left that they can try don't want the pain to increase to the point that I can't stand it any ideas thanks
  • So how well did the facet block work? You don't mention whether you got much relief from that.

Usually there's a specific process they go through to do all of these things, doing the facet block before suggesting the rhizotomy. Yet still people seem to come here saying that the rhizotomy is some sort of shot in the dark. I wonder if they've just stopped listening at that point?