Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Storms are definetly brewing here.

FROGFFROG Posts: 393
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Chronic Pain
Storms are definetly brewing here.

The warnings are up everywhere but they really aren't necessary. Not for me anyway! My leg feels like it weighs a million pounds and just aches. I, for sure, cannot be trusted with sharp objects today. I could just as well cut it off. The pains in my hip, groin, heck all the way to my foot are so bad I can't even tell where it starts or ends any more.

I have an appointment today with my doctor. An appointment I was actually looking forward to. I saw a surgeon last week that is recommending a Functioning Anesthetic Discogram. Pending the results a Fusion on the L5-S1 level below my existing L4-L5 level as well as a fusion on the L4-L3 level. I don't mind saying the discogram and the idea of 3 levels fused scares the "you know what" out of me. I was greatly looking forward to this appointment and getting my doctors opinion on the surgeons report that was sent to him. (As well as his take on the whole thing.) That was before I woke up to this intense pain. What the heck is with this weather?

It's a sad state of affairs when a person is in too much pain to gather up the necessary energy needed to get themselves off to see their Pain Mgt doctor.

• Isn't is funny how the weather impacts the way we feel?

I hope it gets better and good luck at your appointment today, keep us posted.

Wishing you well,

P.S. Rant/vent anytime :-)
  • Frog,

It's too bad that one 'plus' of this spiney stuff is we get 'free' internal weather stations! Arrghhh.. I hope it is target on for our hurricane season! Rofla!

As for your appointment today, extra pain can be used as a good thing? Your doctor can see you on a bad day to fully or better understand? Wishing good thoughts for you and your appointment today! *hugz*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.