Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Fine at work...bad at home

BarbF01BBarbF01 Posts: 124
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Matters of the Heart
Ive found that I can keep the brave front up at work, but then when I get home, I'm just abotu in tears. I refuse to take any of my pain pills (beside OTC) when I have to drive, so I wait until I get home and then I can take them. I also feel overwhelemed with just the normal day-to-day stuff lately. My Hubby is wonderful, and is pitching in even more than usual - always asking if he can help with anything. But, I still feel like Im letting him down when I can't do much at home for cleaning...never mind the intimate stuff!

• I salute your wonderful bravery in being responsable in your medication. Keep that chin up and dont let life get ya down too hard. There will be ups and downs every day and like the tides, there are some waves that combine and get bigger and hit you harder than the rest, with your hubby on your side its easyer...
    but thinking your inadequate is false logic, he wouldnt be there if he didnt luv ya!
    keep that chin up!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• having chronic pain is just that, chronic and that means you don't feel good pretty much ever.. this is not your fault and you need to accept this and accept the love and help your husband is offering!! it is difficult and guilt likes to hang around and make us feel even worse!! don't let it! this will really pull you down!! i wait to take my meds till the late afternoon as well. by then i have had it with the housework and day to day living.. for over 30 years my husband has been there for me, helping and at times taking over the chores when i can't do a thing. it is for better or worse.. :X cry when you must but please let yourself feel better and don't punish yourself... all the best!! Jenny :)
  • Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Is it nerve pain? When was the surgery done? I had problems with nerve pain for several months after my fusion. Now most days I forget it was even done. I am so grateful as well for a wonderful hubby.

Best to you,