Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back problem but all in one

hope4betterdayshhope4betterdays Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everybody,

This is the first time I am on Forum and didn't know where to put my problem, under which subject.
I am 55, female, have osteoporosis, degenerative disc, scoliosis, and stenosis of the spine.
My all joints are aching too so it is arthritis as well.

I have CT scan and X ray and there are all these problems but the last one the stenosis of the spine seems to be the worst. I tried the medications, cortison too, but it is not much of a help. I am seeing neurologist in 3 weeks time. I am hardly sitting in front of my computer now.

I would like to find people who have similar problems and to share advice and not to feel alone. When you talk to someone who has no idea what is bothering me, I feel so bad and sad and depressed....

So, right now, I don't have any particular question, I am still reading other people's posts.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and am on Disability pension. Sometimes I drive (on my better days), sometimes not. I love walking and used to be so good in yoga but now I can't do it.
I also have other health problems: bowls/diverticulosis and colitis does not allow me to take some of the medications (ibubrufen, neurofen, etc).

See what the neurologist will tell me.

I just want to feel welcomed and not alone.
Hope to learn more here and hope for the best.

• HI,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and be sure to check out all the medical articles as well that are doctor written and peer reviewed.

You will find many members who are going through the same issues as yourself. While we can't diagnose you are really offer any treatments we are full of support and understanding.

Just wanted to stop by and welcome you to spine-health and if I can ever be of assistance don't hesitate to pm me. Take care.
  • Hi, I just wanted to let you know I am also having similar issues that you have. I actually just found out I have scoliosis my curvature is at the Cervical and Thoracic level nothing else but there. I am also having really big issues with my joints hurting and sometimes locking up and on top of that the skin is losing the pigment around the joints that hurt. I had a ACDF C5-6 10mons ago and found out I am not fusing and my C6-7 is ruptured too, along with sever arthritis in my lumbar and mid back. I am 37yrs old was a nurse/EMT and now I am lucky to hold a cup with my left hand. There are many of us in here that have the same problems as you and some worse off then what we are, but we all support each other :) Feel free to ask questions or even on those bad days post that you having a bad day and you will see support coming out of the woodwork.. Hang in there the answers soon come to us. Take Care Lori
  • That's what I'm going to call you, ok? :-)

Welcome to Spine-Health. You've come to the right place if you want to make friends and finally have people to talk to that know what you're going through. You won't see any rolling eyes here when you talk about your problems - we're all in the same boat and know how you feel. You'll probably get some satisfaction also when you can help someone else here.

So post any time you feel like it, go into chat and talk directly with some of our great members and know that you have a place to go where everyone understands and will support you.

Oh, and I should also tell you that outside of the forums, there are a lot of great articles and videos regarding all things spine-related.

Take care and please let us know what the neuro says.
  • Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Aussie! I'm originally from Sydney, but I've lived in New York City for the past 17 years and now I'm an Australian American. I have DDD, herniated disc at L4-L5. I became disabled 3 years ago, at the age of 42, after a roller coaster ride. Spine-Health has been a great help to me, and I try whenever I can to make a contribution to the Community. It's really a terrific place to be able to come to.

So, welcome to a great community. I think each of us has a unique story, but you find many people with conditions etc. in common, and we all know about back pain!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so you are from down under!!! i have a good friend in New Zealand! i am sorry to hear you are having pain.. this is a great place to come to meet new friends and learn about your pain problems... of course i am sure you have spoken to plenty of doctors!! we can only offer advice and support but there is always someone to chat with and keep you company if you are down... please stop by anytime. take a look at the different forums and find a few you feel comfortable in... please make yourself at home!!! i am very close to your age and share many of the same problems you have.. pm me anytime!!! Jenny :)