Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MAST TLIF Double Spine Fusion - 10 month Follow up and doing great!

rebew_nadrrebew_nad Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:H HI All,

I've created new topic as this is a 10 month follow up of my MAST TLIF and I konw that alone may be crucial to some. As it's been nearly a year, this info may encourage those who have recently had this proceedure. Hang in there!

I'm writing a quick note to let you all know that my back has never been better~ My MAST TLIF double fusion is still going strong and life is good.

I adhere to my Doctor's advice to carry less than 20 lbs, and I'm back mowing the lawn and living life again! I even survived a trip to Haiti in Feburary with rough roads over 8 hours from the DM to Haiti!

I'm still working on loosing weight, but my back is doing just fine. I no longer see a PT and am pretty much on my own. Our kids know my limits and are happy to respect my limits without much disapointment.

To wrap up for now.... I would still highly suggest this for those who need it. IT wasn't all fun, but was a good choice of proceedure if one had to do it. Small incisions, less healing time, and overall solid results. I live in the home of Medtronic, so that might help, but pleae consider this method if fusion is a must. It seemed truly superior if you have the option.

If you would like more details on my proceedure and tests leading up to it, please visit my detailed account at: http://mrdjw.spaces.live.com/ -There you will find info on my diskogram and CT of the discogram, MRI info to compare, and much detail on my MAST TLIF and recovery.

I hardley even remember the surgery!

My Best~ please ask away and I'll gladly anwser!

• Rebew_Nad best wishes and carry on! Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN